Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never really agreed with this law. I have not been pulled over for 4+ years and i usually roll down all my windows anyway. Especially now that i am in Law enforcement and think more about officers safety and how to make them more relax and safe. But i do have a darker then average tint and don't think my Harley Pipes would are liked by my neighbors.

Comment

I will pull over for window tint, but like most of you, will only issue a repair order. It is good reasonable suspicion to stop and helps in making more contacts and finding out if there is any other underlying issues.

Comment

I have 2 tint meters, and neither of them work right. so fail on that part. plus i work nights, so every damn tint looks too dark. lol

Comment

It's 32% here. I only check the front driver and passenger side windows. I give breaks from 26-31. Anything below that and I'll usually cite for it.

At night, best thing to do is find yourself a driveway or a parking lot which is across from something well-lit. A convenience store, anything. Look through the car when they drive by. If you can barely make out a silhouette, you've got a good stop.
          There once was a man who said: "Though,
          it seems that I know that I know,
          what I'd like to see is the I that knows me,
          when I know that I know that I know."

- Alan Watts

Comment

New model Window Tint Meter out there now for those interested. It's called the Tint Chek Model TC2800 and it's a pretty nice meter. It is very similar in design to the other manufacturers out there and it comes with a small case. Cost is about $129 per single unit but quantity discounts are available. It's a little more expensive than a competitors model but this is pretty well built and durable compared to some others out on the market today.

www.tintenforcement.com

TINT CHEK TC2800.jpgTINT CHEK.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Hummerville View Post
              I once used this same technique, and found a big bag of dope sitting in plain view in the back seat!
              So you made an arrest once? Cool story...

Comment

Just wanted to see if anyone here has any experience with tint tickets getting tossed due to no certification from a state weights and measures official. I've never seen it come up personally, and my meter in the city was never certified beyond the test glass that came with the meter but I've heard that it can be a valid defense... Thoughts, experiences, opinions? Here in Jersey it's 70%, which is basically stock glass... Same in NY and PA.
                "The wicked flee though no one pursues, but the righteous are as bold as a lion." Proverbs 28:1

“Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration, the rest of us just get up and go to work.” -Steven King

Comment

Good PC for a stop if you want a reason to stop someone, I don't care to write for it though.

Comment

When it is very noticeable, i.e., so dark you can't see any occupants to include the driver, I too stop and usually give a warning depending on the attitude the driver gives. Very rarely will you find someone with a medical note allowing darker tint than what is allowable by state law.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11175 users online. 453 members and 10722 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X