Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We just got a new unmarked traffic car...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We just got a new unmarked traffic car...

I put in a proposal a while back for an unmarked police vehicle specifically designed for traffic enforcement. We just got a 2009 Ford Crown Vic in metallic grey. We had it fitted with hidden front LED, rear LED, side LED, grill LED, corner LED, wig wag, ........... you name it and it flashes.
    Our department has not used unmarked cars for traffic enforcement because we have never had one with good emergency lighting.
    In one week of driving this car I am amazed at the increase in the number of traffic tickets that I can write. Even being a Ford Crown Vic, people don't see this metallic grey car. Writing tickets in this car is like shooting fish in a barrel of fish.
    If your department doesn't have an unmarked traffic enforcement car I would highly recommend getting one.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PRESSHRD5COPIES; 10-21-2009, 02:50 PM.
    I have the heart of a child..................................No really, it is in a jar on my desk.

Last edited by DARE_SUPPORTER; 12-21-2014, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PRESSHRD5COPIES View Post
      If your department doesn't have an unmarked traffic enforcement car I would highly recommend getting one.
      Silly boy, unmarked cars are evil. Ask our admin, they'll tell you. If it isn't white and have the striping isn't reflective enough to be seen a mile away with a huge gaudy red and blue light bar on it, we don't drive it. We'd sneak up on way too many criminals and actually blend in if we did that.

Comment

You suck. I'm jealous.

We're not allowed unmarked either

Comment

I've always thought it would be great to have officer A drive an impounded normal car and radio in to a nearby officer B when a traffic offense was committed.

We have several area's that people like to pass illegally. Follow to closely. Drive aggressively.
          Any views or opinions presented by this prenomen are solely those of a burlesque author and do not necessarily represent those of a LEA or caementum couturier.

nom de plume

This is the internet- take all information with a grain of salt. Such could be valid and true or could be typed just for playing devils advocate.

Comment

Night before last, one of our guys driving a blacked out Camero was getting on the Interstate behind a Vette. The Vette driver decided to show the little brother Camero who was the boss and punched it up the ramp and onto the Interstate. The Vette pulled him pretty good until the Camero wound up. Top speed was 135 and then leveled off to 120. That's when the blue lights came on and the driver's seat of the Vette got seriously soiled. I guess I'm one of only a few people that hasn't driven the Camero, but it's so darned cramped looking inside, I haven't really wanted to. But from what I've seen writing tickets in it is like taking candy from a baby.
            Proudly generated over a hundred thousand dollars in attorney's fees and counting

Comment

It is like fish in a barrel. You may find people not stopping for you as fast because it is unmarked, and some won't be sure if you are an imposter or not...

They may feel as if they want to get to a more "public" place before they do.

I'm sure you are aware of the imposters that have been on our local news for the last year or so, so I have instructed my family to think of the following if an unmarked lights them up;

Is it night, and the stop is in an unlighted area?
              Is the stop in a "deserted" place?
              Is the vehicle well lighted, or is it a single light or two?

If two of the answers are yes, put on your flashers, drive 10 MPH less than the speed limit, call 911, give your location, describe your vehicle and plate number if known, describe the "police" vehicle, and ask dispatch if a valid Police Officer is attempting to pull you over.

If yes, immediately pull over and comply with the Officers lawful requests and orders.

What's nice about this is if it is "safer" for the driver it is inherently safer for the Officer and the Officer will know you called 911.
              Be safe pulling back into the thread...
              http://infidelswithhonor.com/

Comment

In Ohio an unmarked car can not be assigned as a traffic car, an unmarked car CAN initiate a traffic stop, but that cannot be it's primary duty.. Stupid libs

I heard a rumor that Cleveland OH police got around this by making a 5" by 5" logo and a 2 light mini bar on top, placed it on a white crown vic, and used it with great success as a traffic unit. Anyone with pictures of this, please post it?
                Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

I used to roll in a fire engine red Chevy Cavalier. It was like using dynamite to fish.

Comment

last night - A detective was driving home in his unmarked take home crown vic. Offender was riding his tail. Det flashed the blues and the guy still stayed attached to his rear. Then passed in a legal passing zone only to follow the next car to close and then fail to complete the next pass before running out of legal passing zone.

Offender admitted that he could read the Det car tag and though he was out of the county and couldn't do anything. "sign on the pink line", there wise guy... lol

Now that I only wrote him for the improper passing. I should have stacked them up. Too fast for conditions as he passed the 60mph cop car in the rain. Following too close and the improper passing.
                    Any views or opinions presented by this prenomen are solely those of a burlesque author and do not necessarily represent those of a LEA or caementum couturier.

nom de plume

This is the internet- take all information with a grain of salt. Such could be valid and true or could be typed just for playing devils advocate.

Comment

Lucky you. Our unmarked cars are for Sergeants only. Meanwhile, I get to drive around in a *totally inconspicuous* Green and White Charger That says "Sheriff Traffic" on the back. Surprisingly, though, I get about 20 cites per night.

Comment

Riding my motor at night is almost like having an unmarked. After more than a year, people still don't expect to see a motor out at night. About a month ago, a guy is in front of me at the limit line revving his engine in his 80's 5.0. Light turns green and he takes off. I followed w/o lights/siren and we got up to 70MPH in a 45.

Next light he is doing the same thing. This time, I rev'ed up my Honda (you know to keep it from dying). Light turns green and away he goes again. This time I paced him (yeah I said paced... ) at 65 in a 45 for nearly a half mile.

Well as we approached the next light I hit the burners and his arms fly up and he hits his steering wheel in disgust. He just got suckered into "racing" a cop.....it was classic.

Comment

The LT and Chief both have unmarked Impalas. Lights behind the grill and on the rear view mirrors. One is tan, the other is a tannish/grey color. I want to do traffic in one so bad...I actually daydream about it...

Comment

That looks like some of State's cars. They know how to rock the unmarked/slick top cars

Comment

I had a slick-top CV issued to me a few years ago. It was awesome, I will never forget one new years eve I was in the driving lane on a 3 lane Interstate and some kid smokes my doors off at over 100mph, like I wasn't even there. When I caught up to him and explained I was the car he had just passed, the look on his face was priceless.

IMO there is no better vehicle for traffic enforcement then a slick-top patrol car. However they must be lighted properly, otherwise they become death traps to run code in.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6361 users online. 374 members and 5987 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X