300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dwi

So I have to tell everyone about this DWI I caught last night. It's a CLASSIC example of the, "Almost made it" phrase.....

I'm out on a call talking to this lady in her front yard around 0100. See a truck turn the corner and slam into the back of a small hatchback. The truck backs up, puts in in gear so I'm thinkin, "Great, this dude's gonna leave the scene." I start walking across the street and he pulls past the car and into the driveway. "Tell me this guy lives here."

Contact the driver and he had an opened can of SPARKS in the front cupholder. He looks at me as he lights a smoke and says, "Guess I shouldn't have driven home tonight." This guy made it all the way home from drinking at a bar 20 miles away to strike his dad's car parked on the curb when a cop HAPPENED to be on a call across the street......... I told him, "Man, I think this was just meant to be." He agreed. Needless to say, the truck was left in his driveway and he was taken in. Blew a .169. I've pulled over people down the street from their houses before but this takes the cake on the "Almost made it."

Good Catch

Comment

That reminds me of the guy that did make it home a couple years ago... and by made it home I mean pulled into the driveway, hit his house (no damage), then passed out with his foot on the gas causing the engine to smoke and blow up. The call came in as a traffic crash vehicle crashed into house and house was in fire... so yeah we drove pretty quick to that one. Luckily for him one of his wonderful neighbors put the car in park and took the keys out of the ignition (who knows what happened to them) before we got there... so he got out of it with just a blown motor.

Comment

I did witness that happen too when I was working security in an uppity neighborhood in college. Got a call from a neighbor of this guy who says, "It sounds like a bomb went off in my neighbor's garage." This guy came home tanked after his wife ran off w/ some other guy. He smashed into the center divider of the garage doors and ran his new Cherokee Limited up into the laundry room, smashing the washer and dryer THROUGH the side of the house. That laundry room led to his kitchen. Lets just say I found items such as blenders and ice trays in his back yard too :0 He was trying to get me to not call the cops, "it's alright, i'll clean it up tomorrow" kind of thing......right. Wish I could find the pics I took of it. His garage was about to collapse.

Comment

Had a guy just the other night, pulled into his drive way and tried the whole (pull the keys out of the ignition trick) Needless to day the Ford ignition lock did it's job...keys stayed in.

Comment

I'm starting to think I could get more DWIs by sitting in neighborhoods in the we morning hours watching for wide turns and stop sign violations........ or crashing into stuff.....

Comment

"I'm just trying to get home, officer" translates as "I am acutely aware of a reason you should arrest me right now, officer."

If the mention of how many blocks to their home comes up, that reason is almost certainly either OVWI or some type of suspension of their license.
              I miss you, Dave.
              http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

I was dealing with a harrassment one night, typical I'm fighting with by sons girlfriend and she drove here drunk and left when we called you. Cleared the call and 2 hours later got the same call again so I decide I will try to intercept drunk girl on her way home. It worked out that as I was coming up on her residence I see her turning into the driveway. I pull up just as she is climbing out of the drivers seat and proceed to arrest her for DUI, harrasment problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by BPD_126 View Post
                  I'm starting to think I could get more DWIs by sitting in neighborhoods in the we morning hours watching for wide turns and stop sign violations........ or crashing into stuff.....
                  I parked in the lot of a daycare in a senior housing development the other night to "do some reports" aka watch some Hulu. I was watching the new show "Trauma." They were showing a horrific car crash at the time. I thought to myself "wow that tire squealing is really loud" and then I see a Mustang take a hard right in front of me on 2 wheels and just bomb down a side street.

I hit 65 trying to catch up (the streets are barely wide enough for 2 cars in this development), but couldn't even close the gap. I saw through a courtyard that the guy had already made it into a driveway and had the garage door up!

Needless to say, he was a 0.24%.

So much for trying to lay low for the night.
                  All Gave Some - Some Gave All

Comment

Speaking of DWI's-what do ya do when ya pull over a fellow officer that is obviously under the influence? Does your department have a procedure in writing for this type of incident? I know what i would personally do, but has anyone encountered this?

Comment

Originally posted by pdheck2 View Post
                      Speaking of DWI's-what do ya do when ya pull over a fellow officer that is obviously under the influence? Does your department have a procedure in writing for this type of incident? I know what i would personally do, but has anyone encountered this?
                      Will that officer pay all your bills if you lose your job? If not, then it would be an easy choice for me.
                      What is Perseverance?
                      -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                      -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                      -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

We SHALL arrest all those suspected of or appearing to be driving while intoxicated. You WILL be terminated if it comes to the attention of the Sheriff that you released ANY person likely to be intoxicated.
                        sigpic
                        Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

Lots of threads on this. Opinions vary.
                          I miss you, Dave.
                          http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

I arrested a DUI in his living room one night. His wife called to report he had been driving drunk for years, and she was sick of it. I get there, she says he rode his motorcycle home, was drunk then, has had nothing to drink since getting there. She also told me what time he arrived (time of driving is a key element in Colorado).

I talk to dude, who says he rode his motorcycle home, was drunk then, and has had nothing to drink since arriving home. He gave me the time he arrived, and it matched what his wife had said.

He did SFSTs in his living room, thinking I couldn't arrest him since I didn't catch him driving. Boy was he surprised

That went to court and he lost.
                            MAC

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3172 users online. 151 members and 3021 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X