300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kustom Golden Eagle Mounts

(I had asked this question in the general squad room, but didn't have much luck; figured I would post in here.)

Greetings All,

I am wondering if anybody has any information regarding radar mounts for a 2006 Chevy Silverado 1500. I have a Kustom Golden Eagle and I am having a hard time finding a dash mount for the Chevy. I know Kustom makes the dash mount for the Golden Eagle for the CVPI but I don't know if such would fit the dash of the Chevy.

Or for any of you other guys/gals that have a non-traditional cruiser such as mine, what do you use for your radar mounts? I need something pretty durable because my vehicle is not used on a hard surface all the time.

Any help would be appreciated.

I hated dash mounting so much, I had one personally engineered by a machine company. If you're patient, you might see my mounts in Galls.
    Airborne Cops are closer to God.
    Arms and legs are just extensions of flight controls.

THESE BIG RED LETTERS HELP ME FIND MY POST.

Comment

Ours are window mounts attached to the glass like a mirror might be, ie: "same glue". Haven't had one come loose on it's own in over 300,000 miles patrol / pursuit use in 3 cars.

Might be a way to mount it off a plate cut from aluminum and secured between the inside roof and the inboard sunvisor retainers?
      "That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

Originally posted by t150vsuptpr View Post
        Ours are window mounts attached to the glass like a mirror might be, ie: "same glue". Haven't had one come loose on it's own in over 300,000 miles patrol / pursuit use in 3 cars.

Might be a way to mount it off a plate cut from aluminum and secured between the inside roof and the inboard sunvisor retainers?

I was looking at the window mount with glue and its still one of my options but ultimately I am looking for a setup where I can put the display and antenna on a bracket and have it on my dash towards the driver's side (the same mount the kustom offers for the golden eagle but they have it fitting only CVPI). Sometimes I don't even drive on actual roads and the ride can be very rough at times, would hate to damage my unit.

Unfortunately, the visor mount won't work becuase I have one of those "supervisor" headliner lightbars that already take up the visor clips.

Appreciate your response t150 and to you and everybody else, keep your thoughts coming.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopperCopper View Post
          I hated dash mounting so much, I had one personally engineered by a machine company. If you're patient, you might see my mounts in Galls.
          LOL, any idea when that may be. Perhaps I could be your first customer

Comment

Ever tried to fill out a design patent application?

Comment

Originally posted by ChopperCopper View Post
              Ever tried to fill out a design patent application?
              Nope, but I can probably guess i'd be retired by the time you got the green light

Comment

That's why I haven't quit my day job.

Comment

I have one of the supervisor headliners as well. Although this is for a Superbee you can modify it for your Golden Eagle. This is what I did.... for the front antenna it is mounted on my passenger side. I took a "L" bracket and attached it using one of the screws in the rear of the headliner. The antenna mounted to the bottom of the bracket with the supplied wingnut.

PIC-0052.jpg

For the display, I took the dash mount and after measuring cut the majority of it off shaping it into a modified L. It mounted to the back of the headliner using one of the headliners' screws. Then I mounted the display and marked where it mounted, then trimmed the excess off. The display is mounted on the drivers' side near the far left corner. I've also mounted a few just using the shade cover by using the screws in the bottom of the headliner (this was for a Stalker and Superbee).

PIC-0051.jpg

As you can tell, I need to repaint the display bracket but the weather turned bad on me. All you need is some patience and a drimmel tool. Sorry the pics aren't the best, but what do you expect from a cellphone camera.

This idea is copyrighted and protected, but I give you permission jws. I don't want ChopperCopper taking my design.

Comment

That is a nice setup Metro. Thank you for taking the time to post. I may try doing that, and if I do, I will give you props if anyone asks

Comment

There is a mount similar to mine on the market, but it comes in many pieces and costs $25. Mine is one piece and will hopefully cost less than $10, depending on the machining costs and bulk rates.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10726 users online. 525 members and 10201 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X