300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name searching

We finally got everything worked out and the new k-9 will be starting training soon. I was told to come up with a name for her. Anyone have suggestions. Her picture is my avatar. Thanks.
    Go ahead and run, we like that!

Originally posted by RPD13 View Post
    We finally got everything worked out and the new k-9 will be starting training soon. I was told to come up with a name for her. Anyone have suggestions. Her picture is my avatar. Thanks.
    'Nefret'(Neff-ret) Ancient Egyptian for 'beautiful'...............I have been saving it myself for a suitable lovely girl but you beat me to it.........
    "That's funny, he's never done that before!"

Comment

bonita-beautiful in espanol

Comment

Freyja (sometimes spelled Freya)....Norse goddess of battle.....
        The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Last edited by asullivan; 08-04-2008, 12:54 PM. Reason: disregard,member is not a L.E.O.
          Originally posted by mookster
          Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
          Originally posted by CityCopDC
          I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
          Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
          I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
          -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

A couple of other possibilities.....depending on how much of a sick sense of humor you have:

Cuddles....Fluffy.....Baby.....

I mean, what self respecting knucklehead is going to admit to getting chewed on by 'cuddles'?
            The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
              A couple of other possibilities.....depending on how much of a sick sense of humor you have:

Cuddles....Fluffy.....Baby.....

I mean, what self respecting knucklehead is going to admit to getting chewed on by 'cuddles'?
              NICE....thats funny as heck

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
                Freyja (sometimes spelled Freya)....Norse goddess of battle.....
                I like this one. Strong name with a good meaning.

Comment

Frigga --- a nameof a famous famous brood bitch & a name of one of the Valkyries in German opera.

Comment

Good

Those are good thanks. I am also thinking "Anika." I was told the mother is Czech and Dad East German and in Czech Anika mean very beautiful.

However, I would love to hear the jail time conversations on how old "cuddles" took a bite out of crime.

Comment

Akula (means "shark" in Russian.)

Comment

Xena it is. Sgt. thought it would fit and it was confirmed when the Chief thought of the same thing. My new partner Xena and I will hit the streets later this fall/early winter.

Comment

I caution you in naming any K-9 with a name that is aggressive sounding, implies aggression or suggests some sort of racial profiling.

Back in the late 1980’s and early 1990’s, the dog’s name actually assisted in initiating K-9 litigation. Names inferring aggression or discrimination, in any language or context, got us into trouble.

Most of the names I see suggested on this post are aggressive in nature.

As a K-9’s primary purpose is that of a locating tool, I suggest locating tool type names. As an example, my last K-9 was named “Tracker”.

Terry Fleck
                          Canine Legal Update and Opinions
                          www.k9fleck.org
                          (530) 545.2855

Comment

If you really want to avoid the above - name her "Harmless". Though "Cuddles" has merit.
                            sigpic
                            Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
                            And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

Originally posted by k9fleck View Post
                              I caution you in naming any K-9 with a name that is aggressive sounding, implies aggression or suggests some sort of racial profiling.

Back in the late 1980’s and early 1990’s, the dog’s name actually assisted in initiating K-9 litigation. Names inferring aggression or discrimination, in any language or context, got us into trouble.

Most of the names I see suggested on this post are aggressive in nature.

As a K-9’s primary purpose is that of a locating tool, I suggest locating tool type names. As an example, my last K-9 was named “Tracker”.

Terry Fleck
                              Canine Legal Update and Opinions
                              www.k9fleck.org
                              (530) 545.2855
                              I think in respect of this post you are if I may say so a little 'over the top' with political correctness...there is no name amongst the above which is likely to trumpet the arrival of litigation.........now if you where to name a dog 'Savage Sam' (served in a Texas PD in 1967) I would agree, but we have moved on a lot these days.................
                              "That's funny, he's never done that before!"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5180 users online. 294 members and 4886 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X