300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unmarked K9 vehicle

I will soon be getting a 2008 Ford Expedition for my department K9 vehicle. They have been ordered all black, low profile. I am not sure if we are going to keep them unmarked or letter them like our current patrol cars, with the "K9" markings as well. I, personally, would like them to remain unmarked. These dogs will be patrol and explosives dogs, and are going to be under "homeland security". I am looking for a valid argument to the powers that be to leave the K9 vehicles as unmarked. My first argument is safety at my home. If I have a marked police K9 vehicle in my driveway, everyone would know when the dog and I are home, and when we are not. I know even if it stays unmarked people will know it is a police vehicle, but it be much less of an attraction if it just looks like a regular Ford. Any sugestion???

While I don't want to disagree with your argument, the fact that it remains unmarked really doesn't mean unmarked.

I have an all black Chevy Tahoe (Special Service Vehicle), everyone knows it's a cop car. I even get remarks sometimes to just go ahead and mark the vehicle already!

I like it all black and unmarked!

G-man
    1*

Comment

I have an unmarked Impala for my K9 car. It helps with normal people if I am looking for just traffic enforcement. If I am looking for more than traffic, the SH's know the car is a cop car. I did add some caution k9 signs to the cage inside the window. I roll the window down when I want to let people know it's a k9 car, that is if they can't hear my partner.

Comment

Originally posted by ChreeQPD View Post
        I will soon be getting a 2008 Ford Expedition for my department K9 vehicle. They have been ordered all black, low profile. I am not sure if we are going to keep them unmarked or letter them like our current patrol cars, with the "K9" markings as well. I, personally, would like them to remain unmarked. These dogs will be patrol and explosives dogs, and are going to be under "homeland security". I am looking for a valid argument to the powers that be to leave the K9 vehicles as unmarked. My first argument is safety at my home. If I have a marked police K9 vehicle in my driveway, everyone would know when the dog and I are home, and when we are not. I know even if it stays unmarked people will know it is a police vehicle, but it be much less of an attraction if it just looks like a regular Ford. Any sugestion???
        How about this, explosive detection dog teams are statiscally in the first 5 prefered terrorist targets.........................happy landlings....
        "That's funny, he's never done that before!"

Comment

Here is an article that may address your question:

http://www.k9fleck.org/articles/vehicles.html

Terry Fleck
          Canine Legal Update and Opinions
          www.k9fleck.org
          (530) 545.2855

Comment

Originally posted by k9fleck View Post
            Here is an article that may address your question:

http://www.k9fleck.org/articles/vehicles.html

Terry Fleck
            Canine Legal Update and Opinions
            www.k9fleck.org
            (530) 545.2855

In respect of explosive detection teams I would suggest that an unmarked vehicle might be a good idea, depends I assume if they are deployed on defensive or offensive operations............
            "That's funny, he's never done that before!"

Comment

My chief makes it manditory that we have the most marked car he can find. The only problem is that my partner does not bark no matter what is happening (good thing). No one knows a dog is inside untill they see the huge K-9 stickers on the window, then they all want to stick their fingers in the window as if the words CAUTION ment nothing. I would go unmarked in a heartbeat.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6314 users online. 310 members and 6004 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X