300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Unit / Vehicle needed

I was just informed that I will be getting a k-9, however, told that we won't have a vehicle and it will be at home unless called on. Does anyone know anything out there to help in obtaining a vehicle for k-9 units. We're a a smaller area and man power and vehicle use is tight. Plus the department was dissappointed in the last k-9 handler and his lack of care for the car given to him. Thanks
    Go ahead and run, we like that!

Originally posted by RPD13 View Post
    I was just informed that I will be getting a k-9, however, told that we won't have a vehicle and it will be at home unless called on. Does anyone know anything out there to help in obtaining a vehicle for k-9 units. We're a a smaller area and man power and vehicle use is tight. Plus the department was dissappointed in the last k-9 handler and his lack of care for the car given to him. Thanks
    There was someone on on the forum who indicated that his department where getting rid of two caged Blazers, I was intersted myself in one of them but he never replied.............oh well.

As for your previous handler what they say is very true, 'There are dog handlers, and then there are men with dogs!' and there is the difference. Leaving the dog at home until you get a call is simply not efficient, and frankly a violation of the six 'P' principle.........................
    "That's funny, he's never done that before!"

Comment

I'm not K-9 but we have a few new Tahoes. They're awesome, lots of room, according to one of our driving instructors, handle as well or almost as well as a 'Vic and get great mpg, for a truck. Like 20 on the hwy, not like you'll be driving like that but... and the prices are falling somewhat. There have to be grants out there still for K-9, google for gov't grants. I did that for motors, did'nt find what I needed but there was all kinds of stuff for K-9, SWAT and marine units....

Comment

A friend of mine is a handler for a small county. His new squad was to be a CV, but he wanted something larger for him and his partner. So he went around town to request donations to make up the difference for a Tahoe. He received donations from Wal-Mart, Milk Bone dog biscuits, the Lions Club, and other local donations. It's good PR for the businesses. And like the other posts said, there are grants available. You might also check other departments to see if they are retiring an old squad.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5656 users online. 321 members and 5335 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X