300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• k-9 and personal dog

Have any of you had or have a personal dog. How did you introduce them to keep the fighting and dominance thing to a minimum. I'm interviewing for a K-9 spot soon would like some insight on it. I'm assuming they will ask if there is another animal in the house.
    Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

I leave my mal in the kennel in the garage while my retired shepard and rott get to share the house. It took me about 3 weeks to finally get the shepard and the rott to play nice. Alot depends on the dogs, a shepard I don't have anymore never did get along with the others

Comment

House dog

Both my house dog and police dogs were best friends. I waited about a week before letting them physically touch each other. And I did this in a small room with another person in case they started fighting. My police dog tried sniffing my house dogs butt, but she put him in his place. Then I let them in the back yard and they played for about an hour before wearing out. They were best friends.

Until, recently, my department sold my K9 because he had epilepsy. He is still a narc dog but not a dual purpose anymore. We miss him and sometimes my house dog walks around the house as if she is looking for him.

I am going to keep my new one in a kennel in the garage most of the time. Depending on his demeanor.

Good luck

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4486 users online. 303 members and 4183 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X