Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K9 spinning in kennel

Hello Ladies and Gents,
    i was just wondering if there were any other K9 duos out there where your K9 partner just spins in circles over and over again all night in the kennel insert of your unit while driving and etc? My partner which is a Mal (go figure) just spins around in circles all night, it gets annoying lol anybody else out there dealing with this? Any way to maybe curtail it a little bit? I know asking a Mal to sit still is like asking water not to be wet lol thanks for any solid input, be safe.
    "Always remember to use all fingers when waving at a Police Officer!"

What did your Trainer say?
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Sadly no thumbs...or I'd recommend the same thing I used to do with one of my stir crazy human partners: Crayons and a coloring book.

Comment

Always ask the trainer but as you already know Mals are crazy. Eventually he will stop when he is ready or tired. Are you giving him plenty of exercise?
        Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

Trainer gave me a very vague mals are mals and he is just excited to be at work lol I try to tire him out but he is like a robot lol you would think approaching 8 years old he would slow down but nope lol
          "Always remember to use all fingers when waving at a Police Officer!"

Comment

I'm not a handler...but I used to own a Dutch shepherd that had tons and tons of energy. I used to take him on runs and play fetch until I was ready to pass out and couldn't lift my arm anymore...and he still wasn't done. The ONE way I could get him to tire out before me was when I took him to a hill around here. I'd throw the toy and he'd have to run up the hill to retrieve it and then come back down...and up again. Eventually he looked like he was ready to go home and take a nap. Now that I'm even lazier I'd probably use a tennisball launcher.

Comment

Honestly, conduct centerline drills. Your dog wants to work. PT is work. Not only are you giving the dog a task and working on his stamina, but you are burning his energy as well.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8583 users online. 374 members and 8209 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X