300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This ever happen to you??The Public Sux

Sooooooooo, here I am walking my dog who is extremely dog aggressive, he has come a long way but still dog aggressive, and the leash doesnt help...but obvioiusly im not cutting him loose to see what he's going to do. So I am about 30ft from another dog when he starts acting up. So this other dog "owner" keeps walking towards me, even though I attempt to avoid her, and walk on the other side of the street. Even across the street my guy is goin bonkers, and im holding his leash with only my left hand cause my right is injured. I give the dog a couple pops of the leash and he gave a yelp each time but continues to be at the end of the leash, wanting to destroy the other dog. I finally give him a pop towards the ground to put him into a down until the other dog passed, and naturally he gave a yelp to the correction. Well not even 15 minutes later this F'ing hero !#@@ calls my job to complain that I abuse my dog and that she also wants to call the ASPCA....well turns out this [email protected]#@ is my neighbor, luckily my job understands what mus be done in terms of obedience and correction. Anyone have a similiar experience, and again ill say the general public sux and need to mind their own business.

It ain't anyone's business how a K-9 handler handles the dog, except for the handler, the K-9 supervisor and the trainers. One of our sergeants got a little upset about how one of our handlers was reeling in his dog, which was pretty much what you did. It happened in the roll call room when a new dog was getting a bit rambunctious. The thing is, the sergeant hasn't been to K-9 training and doesn't understand.
    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

I would not worry too much about a citizen calling in a complaint on how you corrected your dog. You have to remember that person does not understand what it takes for you to correct your dog. You were just doing what you had to do. I had an aggressive dog that was very dominant. He wanted to be the boss, decision maker, etc..... you name it. What worked for me was to go into his obedience routine when he did not want to do what he was supposed to. Walking down the street and running into another dog would set him off, but when we did his obedience routine (or part of it) he snapped too and behaved. After a little while it did not take but one correction to get him to act the way he was suppose. We got to the point to where I could walk around several dogs and all he would do is maybe wimper a little. He knew if he did anything else he was going to get to do the obedience routine which means I am in control not him.

Comment

I agree with your method, and keep him as obedient as possible around other dogs...like i said i am working with an injury so am not at %100...my rant about this was not so much about what to do about it, but about f'ing people who know nothing and want to stick their nose in your business just because your are the pole-ice....I was pretty heated when I wrote that yesterday, and come to think of it I still am!

Comment

pm sent...............................
          Last edited by hijinxxx; 04-02-2007, 09:11 PM.

Comment

I agree...the public does not know how PSD's are treated or need to be treated. It is not cruelty. I have even had people complain directly to me when I leave my PSD in my cruiser to go p/u dog food or if I go get something to eat. I leave the A/C on or the heat on, depending on the weather. Or if is pretty cool out, around 50's, I will sometimes just roll the windows down. People think that is cruel. Stupid people. What is that saying, "I see Stupid People"?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5380 users online. 297 members and 5083 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X