300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airlines that Cater to Law Enforcement k9

Does anyone have any suggestions on Airlines that offer discount or free travel for canines and their handlers?

Scott

You know that is a great question. My Mal only eats soft parts of aircraft!!

Comment

Seems to me, if it's official police business, your agency should pick up the tab. If personal, you should. If it's official, and your agency is making you pay, then perhaps a new employer should be the focus of your search
      "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

NO dont get me wrong we are just trying to budget

We are purchasing the canine through the department, but schooling, travel and so forth, just trying to keep expenses down.

Comment

I believe if he is any type of L/E or search dog they can ride for free. and in the cabin with you. I taught at a seminar in Michigan a few years ago and I believe the people who paid for me to go got an exemption for the K-9. He had to wear a harness and had to have a copy of all required immunization shots prior to departing. we flew together to and from the seminar next to each other.

Check with Delta as that is the airline I believe I used to fly.

Comment

Thank you

I will look into that thank you
            Last edited by ccsd854; 04-01-2007, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Police dogs are not ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) dogs. ADA dogs have Federal law which allows them to assist their handler anywhere they go. That is not the case with police dogs.

Therefore, police dogs are NOT automatically allowed on airlines. This is an individual airline policy and differs from airline to airline. Some allow police dogs, some do not. Some charge for the dog, some do not.

I have had great experience with American Airlines. You might try American.

Terry Fleck
              Canine Legal Update and Opinions
              www.k9fleck.org
              Last edited by k9fleck; 04-13-2007, 12:45 PM.

Comment

> Thanks for the response Terry. I called the organizations SAR/ Police that sponsered me to go to Michigan and instruct the tracking course after your reply. The SAR group paid for the flight. Although my partner is an LE K-9 he was granted permission to ride with me in the cabin and be with me in the terminals at no additional cost as the SAR folks informed them I was teaching and my partner was assisting also.
                > As stated this is not policy with all airlines and is an exception not a right.

Comment

Thanks for the reply

thank you for all the information guys.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3199 users online. 177 members and 3022 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X