300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• holster?

Was wondering what type of holster most of you wear. Some sort of traditional or the tactical/leg type. I was issued my new gear today and I get to decide what type of holster I can wear. Having been a former Swat'r I know that the leg holster would not be comfortable when running on long tracks in the woods which we some times get because of our terrain. I really can't think of any advantages to the leg holster which some of our deputy's where besides it looking "cool"
    "The glory goes to those that dance on land mines and live to die another day"

"Get on it Mel"

I use a mid-rid jacket slot Bianchi. The butt of my Glock is a little above the belt line, and it rides comfortably. I'm considering going to a hi-ride, because at 6'4", 275 lbs., I have enough junk to get caught on the seatbelt when I get out of the squad!

I don't think a thigh holster is suited to patrol duty.
    Last edited by keith758; 09-06-2005, 10:15 PM.
    Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

Comment

since i have a patrol/detection dog i prefer to use a leg holster rather then a normal duty belt. my skin used to get pinched in between my vest and duty belt when ever i made low presentations for my dog to sniff. if you think a leg holster will move around when running try moving the thigh strap high on your leg as close to the groin area with still being comfortable. it works for me, took a few weeks but now i love it. i use a uncle mike's tactical holster. we are soon to be getting light/lasar adapters for our duty pistols and new leg holster which are going to be the new bianchi tactical thigh holsters.

Comment

I think that a tactical holster is poorly named. The things make it hard to get in and out of your car. The leg straps get caught on fences and it either cuts off your circulation or beats your leg to death when you run a track. I wear all cordura nylon gear. I have found a Safariland holster that is like a traditional SSIII but has a simulated cordura finish. Remember this, many companies put black velcro on stuff and call it tactical because it sells! Stick with a patrol holster and you life will be much easier.

Comment

Thanks for the feed back. I went with Bianci Accumold everything and a Safariland Raptor holster with the 1.5 inch drop. It's very comfortable and I like the draw. I carried the SSIII for about ten years so the Raptor isn't that different as far as the draw. I start K-9 school 0800 Monday morning!!!!!!!!!
          "The glory goes to those that dance on land mines and live to die another day"

"Get on it Mel"

Comment

we wear the safariland 3 retension holster, the only thing i found with them is initially they are bloody uncomfortable when driving. but i do like the safety components of it as if you are awrestling around with a grub it is good to know that your firearm is relatively out of reach

Comment

I used uncle mike's mirage in basketweave for all my gear pro-3 duty holster, with the jacket slot. I havn't gotten too much use out of it, but it seems to take a beating pretty good. I like the level of retention too
              "Well I'm here now, so deal with it."

Comment

I wore my holster on my chest, or when in civilian clothes (call-outs) in a sholder holster.

This way, when searching vehicles, my gun wouldn't be getting caught on things or scratching the hell out of some guys car.

Comment

low ride, safariland 6285 - level II for glock 22 with m3 light
                  and ditto for P229, no light.
                  ''Life's tough......it's tougher if you're stupid.''
                  -- John Wayne

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4603 users online. 254 members and 4349 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X