Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K9 Question for handlers

Hello,
    I am a police officer and have a question for K-9 handlers. First read this article.

http://www.mdcoastdispatch.com/curley081205.html

This guy used shampoo, coffee grinds and soap to mask his scent. Apparently it worked because he was in the room and the dogs tracked him to the room, when the room was searched inside he was not found. It was later found out that he was in the cabinet area of the sink and the dogs didnt smell him because of the masking of his odor. I know that when you go hunting for deer you can use diffrent items to mask your smell but is this the same with dogs. I wish to become a K-9 officer in the near future and would like to have a article on such topics for future use. Does anyone have any other articles on similar cases like this and if so can you email me or leave them on here

Thanks

Dont believe everything your read in the paper.

How would the dog have conducted a successful track, then the suspect became unscented in the room? Dogs are not perfect, and lazy officers ask dogs to do things officers should be doing. The dog got them to the room, now it is the officers job to search the room.

When you get into advanced scent theory, there are a lot of factors that play into building searches, especially newer buildings.
    South Bloomfield Police Department
    K9 Unit

American Working Dog Council

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5814 users online. 327 members and 5487 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X