Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name Suggestions

Hey Guys,

Recently was chosen to be the next K9 in our district and having a hard time coming up with some names...not sure if it will be male or female and haven't picked out the pooch yet. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...thanks.

IN my experience the dog usually has a name already when the officer picks them up. Most K9's are in the range of 2-4 yrs old when fully trained
    My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

the dog usually has a name already when the officer picks them up
      ...but if not: "Friday".
      "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

They have names already. You don't want to add that into your learning curve. I suggest you discuss this with the trainer/kennel.

Comment

We rename our dogs when we get them after troopers that died in the line of duty. The families of the fallen members seem to appreciate it and some have donated dogs/money to the program and several have come to the facility to meet the dogs. It has worked for us for 40 years and the unit is now 81 dogs strong.

Comment

That's why as a new handler, I suggested that he discuss this with the trainer.

Comment

Sometimes the dogs get renamed if they come from the breeder with some sort of crazy name. If they come with a decent name most will stick with it. I think it will depend on the breed and type of K-9 (detector or patrol). My main thing is not to use a name already used nearby by another K-9.
              Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

If you could name it, I'd say it would depend on gender, breed, and what the dog will be tasked with.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4695 users online. 256 members and 4439 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X