300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida Home Owner's Insurance and Retired Police GSD

So, I recently got a rewrite on my home owner's insurance policy and I was told my policy would be cancelled because I have ownership of my retired GSD. Previously this was not a problem because my partner was covered under my department's insurance policy. I received a quote from another insurance company and the rates were more than doubled with adding my GSD to the policy. Apparently, GSDs are on a list of "aggressive dogs" with most insurance companies and they will not cover a home where these types of animals reside. Has anyone ran into this issue before? Any help, guidance, and/or advice would be greatly appreciated. I am looking into relocating him at this time, but there aren't too many takers on a nine year old retired police dog.

KEEP THE DOG! Check with State Farm Ins. & explain your situation. I've had several Sch. dogs at my house at one time & they never had a problem with it. One retired service dog shouldn't be a problem........

Comment

Have your dog service animal behaved certified. Just means it will mind. It's bs, but it can help with insurance.
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5188 users online. 276 members and 4912 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X