300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boots?

Looking for some new boots, wondering any good ones I should look like. Working k9, I seam to go through boots twice as fast. Didn't like he danger strikers , felt heavy hurt feet. Like the Oakley, 5.11 Storm, addidas gsg2 but durability seemed like a factor. Any opinions? I'm thinking waterproof is a necessity.

Danner Acadia seem to hold up. You definitely pay for it though.
    Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

Danner Acadia are great boots but they're proud of them. I like the Under Armour Valsetz boots. Its like wearing tennis shoes but they'll only last you a year, where the Arcadias will last 3-4 yrs and you can get them resoled. The UA boots are more comfortable!
      Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

Comment

I should have clarified that the boot also needs to be able to hold a shine in the toe. I looked at the under armour and it doesn't look like they would.

Comment

I'm a fan of the Danners. I wear the Ft Lewis and the Acadias but they're not cheap. The advantage is that they can easily last you 4-5 years before you need to have them resoled. They're a bit heavy but you get used to them. Add a set of good insoles and you're good to go.

Comment

All I wear is Bates G8. They are the ONLY boot I have found that is truly waterproof to the top ridge. I've had Rocky, 5.11 and others (not Danner's, too $$) and LOVE the Bates. They also replace them free if you wear them out in the 1st year. I would actually rather wear my Bates than tennis shoes... http://www.batesfootwear.com/US/en-u...-Side-Zip-Boot

Comment

I wore rocky boots for years and then got talked into buying a pair of Danner Acadia's and love them as stated they are high but they are worth it. I bought mine from Amazon they were a little cheaper.

Comment

I also wear the Acadia's. The only thing I would suggest is to ditch the plastic insert they provide you with the boots and buy a proper insole support.

Comment

To echo everyone else, the Danner Acadia's are a great boot. In 5-6 years of wearing boots, I've only had two pairs of Acadia's, and the last pair of Acadia's could have lasted another 1-2 years, but I got a good deal on my new pair.

I tried out some Danner Strikers and Bates paratrooper style boots for a lighter summer option. Both were junk and I sent them back. Keep in mind the Striker and other molded boots from Danner are not made in the USA. Only the stitched sole boots are made in the USA (AKA high quality).
                  Last edited by cjs-luke; 09-22-2014, 12:24 AM.
                  Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

Comment

Adidas GSG 9.7 are the most comfortable and long lasting boots I have worn. Working on my 3rd year with wearing them every day and doing K9 stuff. They are like a second skin now. And shoe polish covers the scuffs easily.
                    Last edited by CapKrk; 10-22-2014, 09:36 AM. Reason: bad spelling

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5657 users online. 324 members and 5333 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X