300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kennel Pictures

New to K9 and I was wondering what you guys have for your outdoor kennels. Mine is a simple 4x12 with a dog house on concrete. Looking to improve it and would like to see what others are using.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A friend of mine built this himself.

kennel.jpg
    "Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned."

Comment

Mine is a 10x10 with a roof on a 11x11 concrete slab. There is a water bucket, food bowl, and a dog igloo in it. On some hot days I might throw his kiddie pool in there but don't leave it over night. The more you put in there or fancier crap you put in there the more you have to clean and maintain.

Also anchors and a lock are a must. Those fury beasts will find a way out if they want to so make it impossible.
      Last edited by JDCOP; 09-01-2014, 11:04 PM.
      Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

Originally posted by JDCOP View Post
        Mine is a 10x10 with a roof on a 11x11 concrete slab. There is a water bucket, food bowl, and a dog igloo in it. On some hot days I might throw his kiddie pool in there but don't leave it over night. The more you put in there or fancier crap you put in there the more you have to clean and maintain.

Also anchors and a lock are a must. Those fury beasts will find a way out if they want to so make it impossible.
        This is pretty much my setup except that I also have a tin roof over the top of the kennel.

Comment

Originally posted by JDCOP View Post

Same set up here!
          Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

Comment

KC14-350A.jpg

Ive being given an E/Z kennel for my dog to sleep in, but figured he is going to need a run as well. What are your thoughts of the E/Z kennel? Any flooring suggestions for the outdoor run? I don't want to put a concrete slab in the backyard. Anyone else have pictures of their kennel setup?

Comment

I've talked to a few guys (maybe one or two that have wood floors in their kennels. It is rare and can breed bacteria. Just becareful with pressure treated lumber I've heard the pressure treated chemicals can mess with the dogs. Just go with the slab it's safer and easier to maintain.

Comment

Find a copy of the SV magazine. It's all in German but there's ads & sometimes articles regarding kennels. As an aside to this, concrete flooring can hold bacteria that can promote worm growth along with all sorts of other things. My kennel has -2 decomposed granite in it. I it can get soggy in wet weather but I can rake over any urine or stool matter & the surface is relatively fresh.

Comment

http://www.elitek9.com/Kennel-Platform/productinfo/K43/

What do you all think about this for flooring??

Comment

Personally I'm just not a fan of textured flooring in a kennel unless you're willing to wash, perhaps even scrub it at least once a week. While the ad shows it's hygienic you'd still have to clean it to insure it being germ-free. For that, I'd just as soon use concrete partially in the kennel, bleach it once a week & torch it every other week.....

Comment

Anyone have a recommended size for a kennel? I was thinking 10x10, is that big enough?

Comment

A 10x10 is plenty big and they make several kennels at that size. Plus that size slab will make a nice foundation for a storage shed down the road.

Comment

You sir, are a smart man! I didn't think about that

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6111 users online. 345 members and 5766 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X