300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting Insert: Full to 2/3

My agency is preparing to get a new K-9, vehicle, and insert. I have heard of the elusive full insert with a hinged floor that can convert to a 2/3 to allow for prisoner transport in a pinch. I have not been able to find one. This would be ideal for my agency. We cover a large area without a lot of staffing and to make matters worse we have a strict policy that no other agency can transport our prisoners. This stems from a bad situation 20+ years ago but the policy lives on. I would like to have the full room for the K-9 and the option to use either side door but still be able to transport when I have no other unit available. Any idea where I can find one of these? Do they really exist? Anyone used a full insert to make their own version?

I realize this has been discussed here before but that was a few years ago so I thought there may be some new information.

Thanks
    Last edited by Price; 07-30-2014, 02:51 AM. Reason: To address previous post of topic.

I've never heard of a kennel that converts to allow you to transport. I just went from a full kennel to a 2/3 kennel in my CVPI because my agency is in a similar staffing situation. If I had to set up a new K9 vehicle, I'd probably go with a Tahoe with a Havis or American Aluminum split kennel. Both of those have plenty of room for your dog and the ability to transport a prisoner. Having had experience trying to fabricate missing parts for the full kennel I had, I'd say it would be a LOT easier to go with a commercially made setup. Good luck.

Comment

Check out these guys http://www.kustomkrates.com/
      Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4238 users online. 231 members and 4007 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X