300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K9 Funding

Anyone know any good places for funding/sponsorship for dogs? I looked into Milk-bone and a few other places, but trying to find some more.

One of our two K9's was recently retired due to injury and the department is not going to purchase another dog. They want to eliminate the position, but agreed to keep funding the position of the K9 association purchases the dog.

Thanks for the help guys

Go to places for donations .. fire department, stores, non-profit groups ..... everyone loves a K9.

Our program is completely funded by donations.

Comment

A. Check with DOD... http://www.lackland.af.mil/units/341stmwd/index.asp

http://www.lackland.af.mil/shared/me...080317-048.pdf

http://www.lackland.af.mil/shared/me...080317-050.pdf

B. As stated, donations from Elks Lodges, Eagles Clubs, VFW, Rotory Club, Lions Clubs, American Legion, business groups, womens groups stores (we get dog food from Hy-Vee free), local businesses, etc...

C. If you have a local community college/university/college see if there are any "Pre-Vet" or student groups that do community service and have them help you....

We got our dog from DOD then took donations too build a kennel at the Handlers house, put a cage in the car, get doggie body armor, and get toys/training aids, etc..... Local Store (Hy-Vee) gives us large bags of food that get damaged during shipment to feed the dog......

Comment

PetCo is very supportive of K9 units.
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Thanks for the tips. I will look into them. I have heard horror stories of DoD dogs... Are they rumors?

Comment

Originally posted by Laidoffdep View Post
            Thanks for the tips. I will look into them. I have heard horror stories of DoD dogs... Are they rumors?
            1-3 members have stated that DOD dogs arent good.... There are at least 10 guys on here who said that their agencies got them and they are working great.......

I would suggest getting someone to go with you when you pick your dog out that knows about Working K9s..... That's what we did. Our guy actually use to teach back there when he was in the AF......

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
              1-3 members have stated that DOD dogs arent good.... There are at least 10 guys on here who said that their agencies got them and they are working great.......

I would suggest getting someone to go with you when you pick your dog out that knows about Working K9s..... That's what we did. Our guy actually use to teach back there when he was in the AF......

Good luck
              Cool, thanks for setting the record straight.

Comment

My k-9 was pay for by everyone in the county I wrote a letter and took it door to door to company and people. even after the dog was paid for one guy still wants to do a fundraiser. just got to put the foot work in. you have the hard stuff out of the way the money seamed easy to raise. it was the boss i had to work on for 6years.

Comment

DHS, DOJ, and Byrne grants are available to fund K9's.

NACOP has some programs that match funds that are raised.

Talk to someone in your agency or near you that can help you with writing and submitting your grants, preferably someone who has written them before. They are often declined only because they are not in the proper format, or a procedural error.
                  http://www.facebook.com/workingdogsnh
                  www.vandesterke.com

Comment

one of the cities close to us have set u a donation scale. so much money get so many votes, to name for the dog.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6734 users online. 351 members and 6383 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X