300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• explosives K9 training aids

I orginially put this in the training section but think this would be more appropriate. Still finding my way around the site.

I have searched on here but cant seem to find what I'm looking for. Wondering if anyone on here has any experience with explosive K9 training and the specific training aids being used. I'm looking at training a K9 outside my PD and looking for info on the suedo training aids.
    Specifically the K-9 Trace NESTT - Explosive Detection Training Aids.

Looking for feed back on the following:
    Quality
    How long it lasts
    Any issues with certification
    and last but not least...false alerts.

Any and all info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Well, dayum. I thought from the title that the K9's were explosive. I was thinking "What the hell, are exploding dogs a problem somewhere?"
    “We don't disagree, you are wrong. Until you have a clue what you are talking about we can't disagree.” - cgh6366

Comment

Not yet anyway. I'm sure someone somewhere will try and stick something where it should'nt be.

Comment

We actually used the real deal for training. They were not armed / live so to speak but, the real thing: C-4, TNT, PETN, DET CORD, DATA SHEET, ANFO TATP, DYNAMITE etc. I think thats the best way to go when training for explosives. I mean Narcotics K-9s don't use suedo training aides why should explosives K-9 be any different. Train like it's real and with what your going to really come across out there. You and your partner are better off knowing what the real deal looks like and feels like.

With that said I understand the liabilty associated with a Dept. using actual explosives as training aids should they be lost or misplaced and the difficulty in obtaining them but, it's the best way to train thats just my opinion.

If you can't get the real deal then look up Ray Allen and their web site. They do have some suedo explosive training aides. Not sure how good but I do know of some guys/gals that use them and say they work well and keep their scent for a long time. Hope this helps even if only a little. Good luck. Feel free to hit me up if you have any other questions. I know that my rant may not have been too much help but, it's something.
        sigpic
        Formerly Username k91376
        " They Took the BAR!! The whole F%$#ING BAR! "

Comment

I totally agree about using the real deal, but I'm trying to get the dog started outside the department and the access and permits required for private possession is a friggin nightmare.

I have seen the training aids from Ray Allen and other companies with similar products, just looking for some feedback from anyone who may have used them and trainined a dog using them.

I appreciate your feedback.

Thanks

Comment

Our department was short on funds a couple of years ago and got some of the Ray Allen Suedo. It was hard to tell how they worked because our explosives handler and dog are my list of worthless teams, but while in Colorado this spring I got to see a demo of the new suedo that Ray Allen has out ,ScentLogix, and was quite impressed with both explosives and narcotic odors. The only problem is that it cost just as much for the suedo as it does to order the real thing from Omni.

Comment

Check out tripwire.org. Ryan Morris will help you out with what ever you need. I got my kit from him , all real deal stuff. Great guy to work with.

Comment

???????????????????????

Comment

Originally posted by moondog View Post
                  ???????????????????????
                  Is there a question?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5088 users online. 289 members and 4799 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X