300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single purpose Narcotics

Any single purpose narcotics dog handlers ? If so I would like to run a few questions by you. Thanks
    Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

vvvvvvvvvvvvv
    Last edited by Gabber; 11-26-2009, 01:28 PM. Reason: dddddddd

Comment

I am working a single purpose gsd .what can i help you with

Comment

I ran a Customs certified passsive for 9 years. He just retired what do you want to know?

Comment

With a single purpose dog that is not trained in patrol work do you notice any sort of aggression? Whether it be protecting you or something else?

I know training and handler discipline will make alot of difference.
          Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

My 2nd dog was only trained for Narc. However, he was very protective of me and my family. He could have done patrol work with no problems. I only say this because he could be aggressive at times. I had to be firm with him. He would test me to see if I was going to be the alpha. What type of aggression are you talking about?
            Last edited by tcode3; 11-02-2009, 07:40 PM.
            Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable. - Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Sorry for the delay. My dog was also very protective of the family and home. I believe it has to do with the high prey drive in the dogs that are selected for work. I attended the Customs school in Front Royal Va. back in 2000. I observed first hand how dogs were selected for work and what would disqualify them. They all were Alpha personalities and would have been pack leaders if allowed to go in that direction. My dog is retired and we have 2 other dogs. He is and will remain the dominant force in his "pack" and he is 11 years old and the oldest member.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4310 users online. 305 members and 4005 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X