Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nebraskacop
    replied
    Thanks for all the advice on what to say to get your dog to S**t on command!! Does anyone else have any advice on anything else that may be benifical to me and other new k-9 handlers. Thanks to everyone

Leave a comment:

• k9 max
    replied
    This has to be the only thread I've ever read dedicated to "dookie".

Leave a comment:

• EOD_K-9
    replied
    Take a break?....my friends in FL use that one. I just tell my K-9 to drop a grumpy, drop a deuce, or go drop a big steaming (insert name of official you dont like). Have fun and enjoy

Leave a comment:

• OCanada
    replied
    Originally posted by joerod80 View Post
    Trying to lighten the mood here:

Train your dog to shyte on command (empty is a good one)...it helps so that they arent screwing around smelling stuff when you dont have time or need to run a job....Also train him to shyte in the woods so you dont have to pick it up
    That's an easy one. Ranger, go dump buddy. Works for him.

Leave a comment:

• Eurodog
    replied
    Originally posted by quebec zulu View Post
    'BE QUICK' normally but somtimes 'NOT IN THE ****ING BUILDING OH MY GOD ITS CARPET ITS GOING TO STAIN, WHY DO YOU ALWAYS SAVE THE WORST ONES WHEN WE ARE AT A JOB!!!!!' this is normally followed by more swearing when your finger goes through the bag and it gets under your nail, come on be honest guys it happens to us all
    I hear you...........................

Leave a comment:

• quebec zulu
    replied
    'BE QUICK' normally but somtimes 'NOT IN THE ****ING BUILDING OH MY GOD ITS CARPET ITS GOING TO STAIN, WHY DO YOU ALWAYS SAVE THE WORST ONES WHEN WE ARE AT A JOB!!!!!' this is normally followed by more swearing when your finger goes through the bag and it gets under your nail, come on be honest guys it happens to us all

Leave a comment:

• barrydog
    replied
    I have the ever so feminine "go poddy" but then again I am a female....but he's a big mal so nobody makes fun of him ....

Leave a comment:

• ODUMatt
    replied
    Hurry up is mine

Leave a comment:

• K9Tom
    replied
    Mine gets "take a break" and if I'm in a hurry "quickly" is added. He likes to back into spots where it's difficult for me to pick up and nobody will step on it.

Leave a comment:

• Eurodog
    replied
    Originally posted by joerod80 View Post

Train your dog to shyte on command (empty is a good one)...it helps so that they arent screwing around smelling stuff when you dont have time or need to run a job....Also train him to shyte in the woods so you dont have to pick it up
    OK.....I'm for that, what's your command. Mine is 'Go play, be quick!'

Leave a comment:

• joerod80
    replied

Leave a comment:

• K9Tom
    replied
    Spend time with your new partner. I played alot of ball with my partner and brushed him alot. We developed a bond very quick and now he is attached to my hip. I took him with me while off duty in a crate in my truck alot. The trick is spending time with him. Praise is huge in training. When he gets it, show excitement and he will become more eager to please YOU. Have fun with it, it is the funnest thing I've done in cop work.

Leave a comment:

• OCanada
    replied
    Originally posted by nebraskacop View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I am very excited about what is ahead of me in this career. I've been told that it's both the most challenging assignment and most rewarding as well.

As far as the,"Hands on Gromming" is concerned, I've already been told about that with our other handler! Thanks for the advice, anything else you can think of would be nice.

Grooming is a big one. My first dog actually would sometimes fall asleep when he was being brushed out. Not only for grooming, but for a dog to be generally more compliant, a little ball time or exercise before you start a task helps them get the ants out so to speak and lets them settle down.

Leave a comment:

• ofcbaum
    replied
    You have been given great advice. I am also a new handler, I have been on the street with my partner for roughly two months. I had the priviledge of bringing my partner home with me two weeks prior to our school training, which I believed was the way to go when it came to bonding. In the the two weeks, he became adapted to his new home, his new parents (my wife and I) and his new siblings (I have two other dogs). In school, he seemed to understand that he was supposed to do what I said because he bonded with me prior to starting school. I would walk him, jog him or bike with him, spend time with him in general and the bond will come. Good luck, have fun.

Leave a comment:

• nebraskacop
    replied
    Thanks for the advice. I am very excited about what is ahead of me in this career. I've been told that it's both the most challenging assignment and most rewarding as well.

As far as the,"Hands on Gromming" is concerned, I've already been told about that with our other handler! Thanks for the advice, anything else you can think of would be nice.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4966 users online. 306 members and 4660 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X