Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

San Antonio K9 Breeders

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • San Antonio K9 Breeders

    Has anyone dealt with Global Training Academy or Worldwide Canine? Both are located just outside of San Antonio and we are looking to aquire a new dual purpose, possibly from one of these two. If anyone has experiance with either please let me know.

  • #2
    Originally posted by jd6514 View Post
    Has anyone dealt with Global Training Academy or Worldwide Canine? Both are located just outside of San Antonio and we are looking to aquire a new dual purpose, possibly from one of these two. If anyone has experiance with either please let me know.
    Would your Chief consider a quote from another provider/trainer from outside the San Antonio area, with suitable background in canine law enforcement and references?...............................
    "That's funny, he's never done that before!"

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Eurodog View Post
      Would your Chief consider a quote from another provider/trainer from outside the San Antonio area, with suitable background in canine law enforcement and references?...............................
      You thinking of a place in Mexico that has killer attach Chihuahua's!!!!!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Bulzi View Post
        You thinking of a place in Mexico that has killer attach Chihuahua's!!!!!
        No mate just trying to put groceries on the table, it's a bit of a shock when you got to work for a living........but if you want one?.................
        "That's funny, he's never done that before!"

        Comment


        • #5
          My dept. and several agencies around us have purchased our K9's from Hill Country Dog Center located in Pipe Creek TX which is also just outside of SA. Maybe look into them.

          Comment


          • #6
            never worked a dog from global, but have a training partner who just got a new dog from there, his 2nd global dog, both are impressive. I have been around several golbal dogs over the years and they have all been top notch. we get our dogs from tarheel in NC. besafe all
            I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people and i require the same from them.-- John Bernard Books

            Comment


            • #7
              Choosing a Provider/Instructor

              In all seriousness when choosing to establish a program I would ask for references, and experience. Because if you haven't done it the how can you teach it? Sport dog training (KNPV/ Ring etc.) is similar but not police dog training, and the difference is where you put your life, that of the public and at least your reputation.

              The most important thing to ask for is a description of the 'Standard', now, by that I mean the minimum level the dog will perform, the exercises (description of the manwork, searching, tracking and obedience) from the initial course. No professional instructor should not clearly define this information.

              What in-service program or structure is provided? Is operation deployment training included (working the street with you)? In the event of problems accessibility to your instructor. Alway's be aware 'in the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!', choose wisely and look toward a long association....
              "That's funny, he's never done that before!"

              Comment


              • #8
                Hill Country Dog Center is an awesome K9 distributor. Mike is very knowledgeable and helpful. His clients include San Antonio Police Dept., Border Patrol, Navy Seals, Kansas State Patrol, Bexar County, and several other agencies worldwide. Sabre International is a security company and has purchased over 100+ dogs that are currently working in Iraq at this present time. I recommend him due to you being as close as Ft. Worth.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by lee4160 View Post
                  Hill Country Dog Center is an awesome K9 distributor. Mike is very knowledgeable and helpful. His clients include San Antonio Police Dept., Border Patrol, Navy Seals, Kansas State Patrol, Bexar County, and several other agencies worldwide. Sabre International is a security company and has purchased over 100+ dogs that are currently working in Iraq at this present time. I recommend him due to you being as close as Ft. Worth.

                  Speak as you find...........................
                  "That's funny, he's never done that before!"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    EURODOG,You have other thoughts on Hill Country Dog Center

                    Comment

                    MR300x250 Tablet

                    Collapse

                    What's Going On

                    Collapse

                    There are currently 3143 users online. 170 members and 2973 guests.

                    Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                    Welcome Ad

                    Collapse
                    Working...
                    X