300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This job isn't for everyone:

I had an OIS show up in my YouTube feed today.

I don't like watching this kind of stuff, but I think it's important to learn from these incidents, so that officers will be more likely to survive in the future.

After watching this one several times, my biggest takeaway is that this guy should not have been a cop in the first place. The major clue here, is his morbid obesity- he didn't have the mental strength to control his own fork, which resulted in two major problems:

1. Physically, he was too fat and too weak to control an uncooperative morbidly obese out of shape female smaller than him...and then he got out-run, badly, when she ran for the gun. Once she made it to the driver's door, he didn't have what it took to keep her from getting in, nor did he have what it took to get her out, even with the Taser.

2. Mentally, when he got shot (a torso shot that missed his vest because he was too fat for it to fit properly), he lost his balance, fell down (rolling like a turtle that got tipped over), layed his gun down on the ground, and just gave up, even as she (mortally wounded with four bullets in her) backed her car up in a position that would have allowed her to run over him. Getting shot is certainly no little thing, but his injury was not an immediate fight-stopper- he just lacked the mental strength to continue the fight.

This officer is reportedly a "legacy hire" (his dad was a commander), and I cannot imagine him passing the PT test, oral board, psych, physical exam, academy, and FTO, to have been allowed to even get into a situation like this.
    Last edited by Aidokea; 10-07-2022, 06:53 PM.

Let me try the link again:

Comment

Lucky he wasn’t “Bear Clawed” to death,…….

Comment

Originally posted by NolaT View Post
        Lucky he wasn’t “Bear Clawed” to death,…….
        Nah, those gas station stick-on fingernails just pop right off.

Comment

Talk about someone who shouldn't be a cop...
          An officer was shot at during a confrontation in Oklahoma CityStay informed about Oklahoma news and weather! Follow KFOR News 4 on our website and social cha...

Comment

• HI629
            HI629 commented
            Editing a comment
            Shameful. I'm at a loss for words.

• Aidokea
            Aidokea commented
            Editing a comment
            Whisky,

Tango,

Foxtrot...

• clof2001
            clof2001 commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow. Lucky is he isn't dead. He needs to be working at Burger King

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5366 users online. 278 members and 5088 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X