300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 Crown Vic rim failure

We have been experiencing slow leaks in the tires of our department's 2004 Crown Vics. Our fleet maintenance personel found some of the rims have splits in them. I have seen one approximately one inch long. Ford has not commented on this yet. This may be a safety issue.
    If you are experiencing slow tire leaks, have the rims checked.
    Please pass this along to other agencies.
    Be Safe.

Originally posted by spddet1 View Post
    We have been experiencing slow leaks in the tires of our department's 2004 Crown Vics. Our fleet maintenance personel found some of the rims have splits in them. I have seen one approximately one inch long. Ford has not commented on this yet. This may be a safety issue.
    If you are experiencing slow tire leaks, have the rims checked.
    Please pass this along to other agencies.
    Be Safe.

We got information about this about a month ago. I had the same problems you are having. I took my car to Ford and they replaced all my tires with no hassles. FYI, it's Crown Vics from 2003 - 2005.
    Last edited by Desert DPS; 05-05-2007, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Have your motor pool check with a Ford dealership.There IS a reacall(they verify by the vin #),we have had about 6-8 in the dealership already.
      Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5264 users online. 266 members and 4998 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X