Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PERSEC and OPSEC Personal information.

A couple of the guys have their pov's and drivers license set to the departments address including the UC'S. They live with in the departments town. This was done for personal safety (PERSEC) and (OPSEC). Tax records are public in my state. However has anyone on here done it to where they have their vehicle and drivers license set to the station but pay taxes at their home address/town?

A Little Food For Thought

Having the UCs put the station address on their POVs is not real smart. If someone suspects they are UC and manages to run their plate, the return they get will confirm who they really are. For as long as they are UC, they need to rent a private PO Box that looks like an address rather than a private PO service and register their vehicles and DLs to that address. Sometimes, if you ID yourself to the manager of the private POO Service service and explain the problem, you can work something out. For example, instead of having an address of 1234 Jones Street, Suite C, PPO 345. they will let you leave off PPO 345 and know to flag your mail for BOX 345 when it comes in. .

Cops should already have a living trust and their property should be in the name of the trust. The name of the trust does not have to contain the name of those who benefit from it. For example, a trust benefiting John and Jane Doe does not have to be the John and Jane Doe living Trust. It can be called the Happy Days Ice Cream Trust. By doing that, no one knows who actually owns the property and your privacy is protected.

Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Damn that is some solid knowledge thank you for that.

Comment

ALL records and dispatch and DMV are have criminal folks working there, so it’s just a matter of time before it’s out there.
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• striza
          striza commented
          Editing a comment
          That is the scary part. Looks like sticking to patrol is a fair route.

Originally posted by striza View Post
        Damn that is some solid knowledge thank you for that.
        I will tell one of my stories (that I too frequently do) to illustrate my point.

In California we have a peace officer confidentiality law. If you run the license plate or drivers license of most cops or their immediate family members, it will just come back with their name and department name but no home address or identifying information. This is so a dispatcher, who has been compromised by a biker gang or MS 13, can't get into the system and tell them where you or your family live..

Many years ago I was leading a team of my guys in making a large number of trespassing arrests at a late night event being staged on state lands without permission. One of the guys grabbed up asked if he could talk with me privately, said he was an LAPD UC working anti-gangs and asked if I could give him a break. When asked for ID he said he had none because he was UC, but he pointed to a nearby car, said it was his personal vehicle and would confirm his employment because if I ran it, it would come back with police confidentiality. I did and it came back to XXX XXX, Los Angeles Police Department. Getting confidentiality on your plate is a stupid move for a UC, and fraudulently doing so was (at the time) an easy trick for a wannabe, so I asked him a few simple legal questions a cop would know and he flunked the test, making me question whether he really was a cop or a fraud. Obviously, LAPD isn't going to tell my dispatch over the phone if he was one of their UCs, so I called for one of their supervisors to meet us. His whole act (confidential registration, poor answers) was such that they took him into their station to verify if he was for real or an imposter.

Turned out he was for real. They pulled him directly out of the academy to work anti-gangs as a UC and he had never seen a day as a street cop. But, if one of the gang members he was working had grabbed his plate and had one of their compromised dispatcher girlfriends run it, he would have been dead.

Your UCs need to be very careful to ensure their real personal history and information is crafted in such a way that it never comes back to bite them. Its not hard and may cost them, a few extra bucks, but the personal insurance and peace of mind it offers can be priceless.

Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

• striza
          striza commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you. I looked into the living trust route. Dangerous world we live in.

Striza. ALL confidential info is out there, Patrol, Admin, Crossing Guards, Judges, etc. Just know that your home and car is compromised and pay attention to the world around you. Instruct your family on what to do and look out for.
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

I know in California several of the mail and more places have added straight forward 4 oe 5 digit addresses or dropped the P.O. Box. I had a call one night to go door knock a location and verify if their vehicle was stolen. The address looked off to me because I know the local has a shopping center. When I rolled up it was the mail and more location. Some how the locations buy those block off address. I was never able to verify if their car was stolen since it was after hours.

The mail places did that for business since some places won't ship to P.O Boxes for whatever reason.
          I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9754 users online. 327 members and 9427 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X