Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bomb Threat response, outdated tactics?

Reviewing/updating policies and we are still advising members to turn off all radio and cell phones before entering an area of a bomb threat. With all of the ambient RF traffic in a populated area these days, isn't it a bit far-fetched to think having your cell phone on is going to somehow set a device off? Does anyone have any new info in this area? It seems like we do what we always do because we have always done it. I think it more realistic danger to be totally out of communication with anyone during a bomb threat call....

We don’t discuss OPSEC on here.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by lapeek View Post
      Reviewing/updating policies and we are still advising members to turn off all radio and cell phones before entering an area of a bomb threat. With all of the ambient RF traffic in a populated area these days, isn't it a bit far-fetched to think having your cell phone on is going to somehow set a device off? Does anyone have any new info in this area? It seems like we do what we always do because we have always done it. I think it more realistic danger to be totally out of communication with anyone during a bomb threat call....
      Dam dude, you gotta watch more television. Flip on some reruns of the last few seasons of “Hawaii Five-O”. Also, check out “NCIS Los Angeles”. Between the two, you should get back up to speed on the latest policies and procedures.
      Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

If I turn off my radio, can I claim a “bomb threat” and just not answer?
        semper destravit

Comment

Interesting first post.

Comment

Originally posted by lapeek View Post
            I don't know about your agency ..............but we do as our TRAINED BOMB TECHS tell us is best practices.
            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

OP isn’t a cop.
              Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8352 users online. 363 members and 7989 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X