300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gh armor systems

Hi all I am new to this forum, and am just about to start my third week of Academy in NJ. I have been lucky enough to be offered a position within a department upon graduation but would need to supply my own body armor. Luckily enough I have a friend who is a LEO give me one of his old GH Armor Systems vest "CONCEALABLE CARRIER" with type (NIJ 2005 INTERIM REQ) IIIA Plate. The date of manufacture is 11/2009. Thoughts on if I should or should not get new plates, and opinions on what/where I should get them. Although I know this can be life saving, my money is very tight right now and all opinions are welcome.

Model:UG3AXLTGF
    SIZE:LRR

Soft armor warranties run out after 5 years... so your buddy's plates expired in 2014. I've never heard of an expired panel failing in the field, and old armor is better than no armor, but you're better off buying new. Also, does your buddy's armor fit you correctly?

A great place to find inexpensive armor either surplus, used or new is:

www.bulletproofme.com/
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Thanks very much for the reply. Ill be doing some shopping on that website.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9271 users online. 414 members and 8857 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X