300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you wear your vest year round?

I most certainly do! I am from Birmingham, Alabama (we made the top ten per capita for homicides nationwide last year), and even though it gets dang near 100 degrees and 100% humidity in the summer, I do not take it off while I am on duty. I sweat my *** off, but try and keep cool by running the AC on max, drinking plenty of water & Powerade (Fruit Punch FTW!), and I have stock in Under Armour t-shirts.

But seriously, down here it is LEGAL for people to carry with a CCW and pretty much everyone and their grandmother has a gun. At the same time, every single wanna-be criminal carries a gun, albeit illegally, so pretty much every call and every traffic stop there are going to be at least 2 guns at the scene: mine and their's.

I've read too many reports and seen too many news stories about an officer getting shot in the chest area and either dying right there or having to be rushed to the ER. A vest could have prevented many of those deaths/ICU trips.

I'm not trading summertime comfort for my life. Plain and simple.
    Last edited by CDFinch; 05-02-2006, 07:55 PM.
    For those who seek revenge, dig a grave for yourself beside that of your enemy.

Absolutely!! Its mandatory.

We don't get humid or really hot weather. Probably two weeks out of the year it gets 101-103.

I agree, I'd rather be uncomfortable than dead.
    Not wearing your vest is like not bringing your gun to work...you never know when you'll need it!
    This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Can some one actually list how many times a vest saved some ones life? The reason i ask, dont you have a greater chance to get shot in the legs/head.

Also if you get shot in the vest, doesnt it feel like a hammer that just hit your body? Anyway you would be knocked out..right?

Also isnt a vest heavy? and uncomfortable? I think its cool how officers look buff when wearing it seems like the yhave alot of muscle which makes me scared
      Last edited by Flash; 05-02-2006, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Flash
        Can some one actually list how many times a vest saved some ones life? The reason i ask, dont you have a greater chance to get shot in the legs/head.

Also if you get shot in the vest, doesnt it feel like a hammer that just hit your body? Anyway you would be knocked out..right?

Also isnt a vest heavy? and uncomfortable? I think its cool how officers look buff when wearing it seems like the yhave alot of muscle which makes me scared
        This Isnt "Ask A Cop"

Unless your Po-Po you need to take your questions there...

These Are Private Forums for Law Enforcement. We Reserve the Right to Remove Non-LEO Members, Anti-LE or Inappropriate Posts and Users Without Warning.

Comment

Originally posted by chat01
          This Isnt "Ask A Cop"

Unless your Po-Po you need to take your questions there...

These Are Private Forums for Law Enforcement. We Reserve the Right to Remove Non-LEO Members, Anti-LE or Inappropriate Posts and Users Without Warning.
          What do you mean if im pop? Why private forum im normal human

Comment

A mind is a terrible thing to waste!!
            This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

I wear my vest even off duty...it keeps me from getting shocked by my car when I close the door.

Comment

Po-Po like in "Police... If your not a sworn officer (Po-Po)
                You need not post in this section... Read the forum rules...

Myself and many other officer would be happy to answer any legit questions you have in the "Ask A Cop" section.... Just not in here..

Comment

Originally posted by chat01
                  Po-Po like in "Police... If your not a sworn officer (Po-Po)
                  You need not post in this section... Read the forum rules...

Myself and many other officer would be happy to answer any legit questions you have in the "Ask A Cop" section.... Just not in here..
                  Im cop..of USA

Also im foreigner from russiaz, also how you know if im cop or not

Comment

I am required to wear my vest on the road at all times...
                    However,,, I get the option to leave it off when I work marine patrol...

Comment

Im cop..of USA

Also im foreigner from russiaz, also how you know if im cop or not
                      Because in America, WE can count..your birthdate of 1989 means you are 17 years old, idiot!

Comment

Originally posted by deputy x 2
                        Because in America, WE can count..your birthdate of 1989 means you are 17 years old, idiot!
                        that hurts my heart man i take calculus with A+

Comment

Wtf

Reading yall's posts made me laugh. It just reminded me of some interviews I've conducted.

Comment

It's called "Troll patrol"

Sorry I hijacked the thread..CD

Comment

Although not required to, I have never worked a day without wearing my vest.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2593 users online. 138 members and 2455 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X