Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wearing Vests

[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=7][COLOR=Orange]

[B]Our department has recently issued a general order that while we are in uniform, we are required to wear our vests. My question is: Which tee shirts, under armor or other is the best to help keep you COOLER? All help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mark

If you're in the south, it probably gets pretty hot and humid. You won't see a lot of difference between one thing or the next. It will really fall on personal preference. I work in San Diego and during the summer, no matter what I do, my undershirt is completely soaked through. It doesn't matter if my day is easy or my day is hard. Some guys at least like wearing the under armour stuff since it isn't going to sit wet on your chest all day. My dept issues out PACA visits with a fancy liner and pad which are supposed to help with heat. I still sweat as much so I don't know if it necessarily works.

Try a few things and you will get use to one or the other.

good luck,
    Scrubb
    “You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm.”

Comment

Go to walmart and get the cheap under armour knock-off tshirts (Athletic Works)... work well to keep you "drying" off.... though your unfiform shirt still suffers from the moisture if really hot. It does work to keep you relatively cooler. It's equivalent to the Under Armour at about 1/3 the price.
      What is it about, "Thou shalt not.....", do some people not understand?
      Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Comment

I also found that wearing the cheap t-shirts does the job as well as the high dollar ones.

Comment

Another vote for the generic polyprop (UnderArmor) t-shirts.
          Officer Down Memorial Page

Comment

walmart has ones for 10 bucks & keep you cool ...... beleve me im in FL

Comment

Under armour is great they avg around 24.99 a shirt at sporting good stores the lycra they are made of keeps the sweat in, sometimes at the police supply stores you can catch them a little cheaper i caught mine for 15.99 and bought 5 of them then, i havent tried the knockoff brands that starter reebok and nike make but some of the other guys i know use them and they dont complain.
              Those that do evil to innocent people,The Robbers, Murderers, Rapists, Pimps, Prostitutes, The Simps, Sadists, Sinners, You will come to know me well, I am The Punisher.

Comment

i got a EX WIFE .......$$$$ so i go walmart

Comment

Originally posted by eyerish101
                  i got a EX WIFE .......$$$$ so i go walmart
                  Mine is a current wife.... and I still ggo the Wally-World
                  What is it about, "Thou shalt not.....", do some people not understand?
                  Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Comment

if you want to see WHERE YOU LIVE ....GO TO YOUR LOCAL WALMART ON A FRI NIGHT AND LOOK AROUND

Comment

Actually, Nike bought out the Starter Company. So, if you go to Wally-World and buy Starter stuff.....you are actually buying Nike products.....just under a different name.

I have some co-workers that use the Starter stuff and it appears to be as good as my Heat Gear stuff....

Comment

The word's been out for awhile on the Starter stuff at WallyWorld....you can't hardly find it around here (in black, that is). Quick as they get some in, it's gone in everything but smalls and xxl's.

Comment

cool max t- shirts, about 3 for $25 If they haven't raised the price.

Comment

Plain old heavy cotton T-shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Groundhog
                              The word's been out for awhile on the Starter stuff at WallyWorld....you can't hardly find it around here (in black, that is). Quick as they get some in, it's gone in everything but smalls and xxl's.
                              I would suspect you could buy it at walmart.com

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3943 users online. 247 members and 3696 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X