Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Off Duty less lethal carry....do you have any?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off Duty less lethal carry....do you have any?

I just saw the Ace micro-shot pepper spray gun for the first time and it was pretty cool. Got me thinking about carrying something other than just a firearm off-duty for a less lethal scenario. Anybody carry anything else and have you ever had to use it? Any recommendations?

When I took public transportation to work I carried pepper spray, and a gun.

Comment

The question would be: Why?

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
        For a while I was taking the ferry. There's usually 2 cops on each ferry but not always. There are always bums and drunks since drinking is allowed on the ferry. They even sell beer. 20 minutes is a long time for backup. I also had a 2d-cell mag light in the gym bag I carried with me. I figured that if for some reason I couldn't avoid a problem I would have a couple of alternatives.

Comment

Oh, I didn't mean you, BNWS.

Comment

I get the "idea" of less lethal for off duty.... It pops up every now and then. I always figured it came from some cop who was a little too risk adverse or spent too much time trying out think a defense attorney.

Carrying pepper is a good idea and in certain areas probably better. But the whole point is: why are you intervening? If it's not life and death maybe being a good witness is the best policy.
            semper destravit

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
              To protect yourself and your family...

Comment

Originally posted by CityCop21 View Post
                To protect yourself and your family...
                That's why you carry an off duty firearm, not pepper spray. Off duty carrying a secondary weapon just tells me you plan to get yourself involved in things you shouldn't be when your off. If you really plan to protect your family, you off duty carry a firearm for last resort, life threatening situations, and for everything less then that you learn to remove yourself and your family safely and call the on duty officers.

Comment

Originally posted by USMC6531 View Post
                  That's why you carry an off duty firearm, not pepper spray. Off duty carrying a secondary weapon just tells me you plan to get yourself involved in things you shouldn't be when your off. If you really plan to protect your family, you off duty carry a firearm for last resort, life threatening situations, and for everything less then that you learn to remove yourself and your family safely and call the on duty officers.
                  What he said.

IYAOYAS
                  I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Originally posted by USMC6531 View Post
                    Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                    What he said.

IYAOYAS

What they said.................
                    My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I keep a baton and a set of cuffs in both my cars. I carry a small set of flex cuffs in my wallet and I carry my shield 9mm and a badge with me at all times off duty.

Comment

Preparation is the key to victory.

I personally carry my badge, a firearm and taser everywhere at home one is in a 30 second reach point. You have to stay safe it's a crazy world and requires a degree of constant awareness and preparation for bad situations specially for those in our career. Number one rule, your safety.

Comment

Handcuffs are a force level below deadly force.

I carry handcuffs and my backup gun off duty.

To have an option besides killing someone.

Plenty of situations can be defused with force less than deadly force... but will escalate if some force isn't applied.

When you've moved to the other end of the bus, but the guy follows you and is determined to continue the confrontation, you can either wait until deadly force is authorized or you can use an intermediate level of force to prevent it getting that far.

You can't ALWAYS disengage.
                          Last edited by tanksoldier; 01-19-2016, 12:13 PM.
                          "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Do you carry your gun outside waist or inside waist off duty

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky lucky View Post
                              Do you carry your gun outside waist or inside waist off duty
                              Both, depends on how bloated I feel and what Im wearing. Im what you call a heavyweight lover buddy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4112 users online. 281 members and 3831 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X