Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when I cruise around it was off. But when got onto the freeway or speeds over 45ish I put it on. For my dept. if you get in a TC or worse they may not pay out the full beneifts if you were not wearing your seatbelt. ITs policy that when in a county vehicel belts must be used.
    I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

I'm horrible at wearing mine!! I know I should and do throw it on whenever the lights come on even though I know the likelyhood of a crash under normal circumstances is just as likely.

I have no excuse not to wear it, I just normally don't put it on.

I don't write tickets for it either unless it involves a kid...
      "If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck"

Comment

I have to force myself to wear it, because I know good and dang well it might save my life if some jackwagon plows into me. The problem is that those Crown Vic seatbelt buckles are positioned in the WORST possible place for guys my size and build. My gun holster sits literally right on top of the darn buckle, and with our center consoles the only way I can get the thing to latch is to hitch up on my side and stay that way.

And no, by "build" I do not mean stomach size.

Comment

WEAR YOU "MF" SEATBELT!!!!!!

Don't disable the seatbelt chime, don't bypass the seatbelt warning device (wraping the seatbelt around the back of the seat and attaching it to the buckle! OR seatbelt extensions!)

Remember Alhambra Police Officer Ryan Stringer!!! http://www.alhambrasource.org/news/a...cer-dies-crash

Comment

I always were my seat belt when working. I'm an FTO and have to set the example for the Rookies I train.

Comment

Originally posted by Weststar View Post
              WEAR YOU "MF" SEATBELT!!!!!!

Don't disable the seatbelt chime, don't bypass the seatbelt warning device (wraping the seatbelt around the back of the seat and attaching it to the buckle! OR seatbelt extensions!)

Remember Alhambra Police Officer Ryan Stringer!!! http://www.alhambrasource.org/news/a...cer-dies-crash
              What's wrong with seatbelt extensions? I find it much easier to buckle up using one from the factory.
              In Valor there is hope

Comment

I love getting DUIs at 3am on seatbelt violations.

Comment

Always wear mine. Saved my life a couple of times.
                  Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

I wear mine most of the time. I take it off in gang territory and when transporting offenders.

Comment

I wear mine all the time, muscle memory.

We had a deputy wipe out pretty bad a while back and end up in the hospital. Not wearing seatbelt (against policy, also, btw). She is on the hook for some of the medical bills and some of the time off she had to take to recuperate.

Comment

I know this an old post, but I think it is worth bringing back up.

Please guys and gals, wear your seatbelt. We are simply at a higher risk of being involved in a crash because we are in a car all day. It's a numbers game. I have not been on this job that long and I have seen many people saved by seatbelts and quite a few that may have been saved if they were wearing it.

The numbers are hard to dispute. We lose more LEOs in car crashes that killed by offenders.

Please please please, be safe, buckle up and wear your vest!! I am not associated with the Under 100 campaign from Law Officer Magazine, but I suggest you take a look. (Can't post a link, I need more than 100 posts).
                        “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
                        ― Edmund Burke

Comment

Originally posted by djs105 View Post

Please guys and gals, wear your seatbelt. We are simply at a higher risk of being involved in a crash because we are in a car all day. It's a numbers game. I have not been on this job that long and I have seen many people saved by seatbelts and quite a few that may have been saved if they were wearing it.

The numbers are hard to dispute. We lose more LEOs in car crashes that killed by offenders.

Please please please, be safe, buckle up and wear your vest!! I am not associated with the Under 100 campaign from Law Officer Magazine, but I suggest you take a look. (Can't post a link, I need more than 100 posts).
                          http://below100.com/
                          Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Thanks for posting the link.
                            “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
                            ― Edmund Burke

Comment

Originally posted by djs105 View Post

Ummmm.....not in LA we don't.....and not nationwide either for the last 2-3 years.....this was once true, but no longer, and it has NEVER been true for the SoCal area

You will rarely see anyone out here in LA wearing a seatbelt except on the freeway, or while rolling hot.
                              The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
                                Ummmm.....not in LA we don't.....and not nationwide either for the last 2-3 years.....this was once true, but no longer, and it has NEVER been true for the SoCal area

You will rarely see anyone out here in LA wearing a seatbelt except on the freeway, or while rolling hot.
                                Sometimes it all depends on where you're working. When I worked briefly in SoCal, the dude I was partnered with advised me against wearing my seat belt. He told me something to the effect that "Sometimes you're in a situation where you will more likely need to [email protected]$$ the vehicle quickly, than end up in a car wreck."

Sad to say, he was right!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4701 users online. 255 members and 4446 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X