• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post

Safe Life isn’t NIJ certified.

How much is your life worth?
    Where are you getting this info?

You should ALWAYS request ballistic testing information from an NIJ Certified Laboratory BEFORE you purchase body armor. For example, Safe Life Defense conducts ballistic testing at NIJ Certified, Oregon Ballistics Laboratory and our results are always posted on each product page.

Comment

I posted back in 2016 about point blank, still good stuff, but we recently went to another option. Officers were able to order Angel Armor Rise 2.0. Body armor with plates for all day wear. Guys, this stuff is awesome. Our SWAT team shot the **** out of the plates with no issues, we had some patrol guys wear them for six months...guys loved them. I ordered one when mine other expired, so much better than having soft armor and then running to the truck to put on your plate armor.

https://angelarmor.com/riseup/

Comment

• Bing_Oh
        Bing_Oh commented
        Editing a comment
        I saw their plates at Police Fleet Expo a couple years ago...they were amazingly light. The big question is, how much did they cost?

The whole set, carrier, soft body armor and plates were expensive...I think about 1700, but luckily it was a city expense and not mine. But, this will take the place of having to purchase soft body armor and then another plate armor set.

The rep said they are releasing a tactical carrier version in Feb or Mar. They already have a uniform outer carrier to match uniforms.

Comment

Originally posted by NolaT View Post

Where are you getting this info?
        This is the list of NIJ certified armor, your products aren’t on it:

https://www.justnet.org/app/tims/CPLReport.aspx

You should ALWAYS request ballistic testing information from an NIJ Certified Laboratory BEFORE you purchase body armor. For example, Safe Life Defense conducts ballistic testing at NIJ Certified, Oregon Ballistics Laboratory and our results are always posted on each product page.
        ...which isn’t the same thing as actually being certified.

Not only do you not certify your product, you post disingenuous crap like this to make people think it is. If your product passed the tests it would be certified. It’s not.

No different than telephone scam artists who claim to “work with the VA” or “from the credit card company”.

When somebody dies due to your shady marketing, their family will own everything you have or ever will have.
        Last edited by tanksoldier; 12-08-2019, 12:25 AM.
        "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

This is the list of NIJ certified armor, your products aren’t on it:

https://www.justnet.org/app/tims/CPLReport.aspx

...which isn’t the same thing as actually being certified.

Not only do you not certify your product, you post disingenuous crap like this to make people think it is. If your product passed the tests it would be certified. It’s not.

No different than telephone scam artists who claim to “work with the VA” or “from the credit card company”.

When somebody dies due to your shady marketing, their family will own everything you have or ever will have.
          Im not at all associated with the company.

I merely asked you a question and copied a link from the mfgs website.

Comment

Originally posted by NolaT View Post

Im not at all associated with the company.

I merely asked you a question and copied a link from the mfgs website.
            ...which means you’re like most of their customers, who aren’t smart enough to realize “tested at the same lab” and “actually NIJ certified” aren’t the same thing.
            "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Safe Life isn’t NIJ certified.

How much is your life worth?
              Apparently $1400. I’m going with Hardwire Armor in a Safariland or United Armor carrier, and with an additional rifle plate.
              Last edited by Martial_Law; 12-11-2019, 11:54 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10661 users online. 225 members and 10436 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X