Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also have a U.S. Armor level 3a vest and love it!

Comment

Point Blank 3A...good stuff

Comment

We have Point Blank IIIA. Very thick and stiff.

Not to mention that after 6 years all the Velcro has stopped working correctly and the zippers are busted. That's despite the fact I took care of both carriers and washed / cleaned them frequently and would clean the Velcro.

Nowadays I have safety pins keeping the shoulder straps in place. Can't wait for a new vest.

Comment

At 6 years old, isn't the vest expired?
          Could you just buy yourself and new carrier?

Comment

Vests don't expire.

The company warranty does. Most have a 5 year limit.
            semper destravit

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman 78 View Post
              At 6 years old, isn't the vest expired?
              Could you just buy yourself and new carrier?
              I work for the big state agency and they get rather peeved whenever you take equipment issues into your own hands. We have people down town that are supposed to be on top of all that; however it is a struggle just to get pants at times.

Comment

Originally posted by Duramax2015 View Post
                I work for the big state agency and they get rather peeved whenever you take equipment issues into your own hands. We have people down town that are supposed to be on top of all that; however it is a struggle just to get pants at times.
                So they give you old expired equipment, but get mad if you go spend your own money to buy something new and better?
                Wow.
                You the one who will need it not them. Let em stay mad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am looking to buy my own vest as well, as my agency doesn't stock my size
                  Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
                  USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
                  "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
                  Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

Whatever armor you get, get a Maxx-Dri 2.0 vest to go underneath it. I've been wearing soft body armor for almost 20 years and I just got one of these things. It works under both concealed body armor or an external carrier. HOLY CRAP what a difference. Look it up if you haven't heard of it... I rode down the highway at 65 MPH yesterday with my left sleeve catching the wind from the open window and could feel the air flowing around my chest and back through the mesh of the Maxx-Dri. By the time I took my vest off at the end of the day, undershirt was almost completely dry and I didn't feel like I ran a marathon in a sauna. I wish they'd have had these things when I first started... Actually I wish I'd have thought of it first.
                    Be dangerous, and unpredictable... and make a lot of noise. - John Bush, Anthrax

Comment

Level III Galls... I like it but for some reason my department does not have my size, so I wear a 42, which is too big
                      Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
                      USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
                      "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
                      Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

Maxx-Dri 2.0
                        Have one, haven't noticed a difference in dryness but is noticeably bulkier
                        "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post

Have one, haven't noticed a difference in dryness but is noticeably bulkier
                          Same here. Just got it last week....only used it with my external armor. Might work better with my concealed set. We'll see.

Comment

I guess it’s my turn to bump this thread. I’ve been wearing the dept. issued Safariland Level II or IIA, and I’m now considering U.S. Armor or Safe Life Defense. It seems that those of you with U.S. Armor vests really like them. Do any of you have friends/family/partners running Safe Life’s product(s)?
                            Last edited by Martial_Law; 12-03-2019, 02:52 AM.

Comment

I haven't been shot in mine yet so idk if it works or not

Comment

Originally posted by Martial_Law View Post
                                I guess it’s my turn to bump this thread. I’ve been wearing the dept. issued Safariland Level II or IIA, and I’m now considering U.S. Armor or Safe Life Defense. It seems that those of you with U.S. Armor vests really like them. Do any of you have friends/family/partners running Safe Life’s product(s)?
                                Safe Life isn’t NIJ certified.

How much is your life worth?
                                "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12300 users online. 442 members and 11858 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X