300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OC Tactics

A few years ago I spoke with a cop from the N/W who gave me some good advice. He said that when officers on his department decided that a suspect was probably going to need a dose of OC, he could warn the other officers nearby by saying, "Looks like rain." So warned, the other officers made it a point to immediately back off, preferably downwind. Anyone else out there have similar ideas?
    "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

We've always used the traditional, "Spray!" command before letting loose. I like the rain comment though. Keeps it a surprise for the bad guy until he's painted orange.
    Originally posted by kontemplerande
    Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

The thing I like about the "Rain" warning is that the suspect doesn't have time to mentally prepare himself for OC. I've always liked the idea that a suspect doesn't know what's coming, when we tell him to comply, "or else you'll get hurt." He can't look away, charge the officer(s), hold his breath, close his eyes, etc...
      "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Originally posted by pulicords View Post
        hold his breath, close his eyes
        I did both when I got sprayed, and let me tell you it didn't change the end result!! On top of that, I knew it was coming... However, yes, our policy still says that we are not supposed to tell the suspect that we are going to use spray, just a general use of force warning.
        "If it's predictable, it's preventable"

Comment

If there is the possiblity of it I just take it out and start clicking the spring loaded safety cap when I'm in the cover position.
          Sometimes, doing the right thing means p***ing off the bosses.

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee."

Originally posted by dontknowwhy
          I still think troopers and deputies who work in the middle of no where with essentially no back up are the 'men among men' of the LEO world.
          Originally posted by weinerdog2000
          as far as your social experiment, if we cant film you then you cant film us, we will arrest you for obstruction of our freedom.

Comment

I like the "rain" code also, but at the least prior to dipersing OC the officer should in a loud verbal manner say the word "Clear", I can tell you that I have been sprayed inadvertently, but directly across the eyes by other officers deploying OC without warning, I may give the perp one warning, then SPRAY EM.
            law dog

Comment

I have heard man guys at my dept say "I think I'm up for some mexican food" right before deployment...while there maybe any number of problems with this phrase, it is funny and we know what is coming when it is said.
              "Anyone is capable of anything"

"I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything I thought it could be".

-Peter Gibbons
              Office Space

Comment

i dont use the stuff.. i hate it. =]

Comment

I have had it on my belt for a while now and have never used it. I have seen some guys use it in situations I would probably have not.

Guess it's good to have in case I ever need it!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5117 users online. 275 members and 4842 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X