300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bean bag policy

does your department require you to drug screen following deployment of bean bag round, and are you subject to go before a shooting review board following deployment?

no and no.

Comment

We didn't and we didn't. Our department doesn't even field them anymore as they had less apparent striking force than a good baton strike.
      "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

no and no.
        Sometimes, doing the right thing means p***ing off the bosses.

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee."

Originally posted by dontknowwhy
        I still think troopers and deputies who work in the middle of no where with essentially no back up are the 'men among men' of the LEO world.
        Originally posted by weinerdog2000
        as far as your social experiment, if we cant film you then you cant film us, we will arrest you for obstruction of our freedom.

Comment

We don't have bean bags, we just fill our pockets with hackey sacks and throw them as needed.

Comment

Our agency uses them. We do not do a mandatory drug screen, however, anyone shot with it is required to go to the hospital (as is anyone that is sprayed with OC). If they are treated for an injury, our hospital will run the usual battery of blood tests. I guess it could come up at that point.

In regards to the shooting review board, does not happen here. With that said, it is considered a use of force and will be investigated as such as are all of our use of forces.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor1430 View Post
              anyone shot with it is required to go to the hospital (as is anyone that is sprayed with OC).
              We just show them to the sink in the cell and give them a hand washing out.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 158301 users online. 126 members and 158175 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Today.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X