Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taser video.....

http://www.planetvids.com/html/Who-W...-Tazered-.html
    What would Dirty Harry do in a situation like this???

Thanks!

I learned a few things from this one. esp. what to do AFTER the BG is on the ground. BTW - In their DVD - Taser recommends to citizens (Like me) to run away and leave the Taser on the ground.- after bg falls. I can't see why... Why not release the cartridge and THEN run away - which leaves you with a stun gun in your hand? Of course i asked them - and of course i received no reply...
    Anyone has an idea?
    shmulik

[email protected]

Comment

I assume that citizens using the Taser are told to run away because they have no follow-up use of force options. After you've incapacitated the bad guy, get out and get to safety. An officer has to stay around to effect the arrest, You don't.
      Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

Comment

Keith has it right. That is the reason. By the way, TASER will replace your Taser if you lose it after running away. They don't want you hanging around to get hurt and they recommend you notify the police ASAP.
        Jerry
        "If all else fails, stop using all else!"

Comment

Thanks Guys!

...But what i failed to understand is NOT why run away - but - WHY LEAVE THE TASER ON THE GROUND! OK: The BG is on the ground , I stay for about 10 seconds (or 30? - I untill the full effect is dicharged - I still can't figure out...) - But THEN - when i take the flee - why not disconnect he cartridge from the taser (It only takes a sec) - and then RUN. This way i still have a SD weapon in my hand: a stun gun...
          From what I see in videos - It takes only a few seconds for the BG to be able to stand on his feet again - and I DON'T HAVE TO TELL TOU how ****ed he is then - and for sure he's going to make a chase.(and if he catches me - I'd better have SOMETHING to protect myself)
          Also - BG's usually have a friend with them - and why not stay with the taser in case he attacks?

Sorry for all this LONG detailing - But since tere's NO course on taser in Israel at this stage - and i'm not sure the authorities here even have a policy regarding the legitimacy of a citizen HAVING one (It will take YEARS for it to be declared "safe" - u know how gov. work-) i take the liberty of consulting you guys.

To sum up:
          1.BG on the ground: Do you flee the moment he falls - or do you keep tazing him for a 30 seconds period - for full effect and then run.

2.you decide to flee - AFTER what I wrote to you here - Doesn't it seem more reasonable to disconnect cartridge and then flee? with the taser in my hand? (Maybe I got it all wrong and the moment the BG is on the ground and i leave the taser on the ground too as instructed in the DVD- the taser
          keeps working for me for 30 seconds and there's no need to keep pushing the trigger...There COULD be different versions here: i have the M18L - and the DVD i received is on the X26c - Anyway - The X26c is on the way - So any response will be greatly appreciated!!!
          Thanks again for all of you who read all this,
          Shmulik

Comment

Personally, I see no reason to drop the Taser. Putting distance between you and the threat makes sense, but I would not drop the Taser.

Comment

Thaks Keith,

The more i think of it - the more i think that disconnecting the taser and then run away - could be problematic because it might not give it's full 30 seconds influence - if you flee too soon with the taser- the BG will be on his feet right away. But if you leave it on the ground and he's connected to it - It keeps tazing him - though you do not push the trigger...
              Again - i'm not sure.
              To buy a good weapon is not enough - Now i learn that not only practice is important (Which in the taser case is difficult because every shot is - how much? 50$'s? ) But also the BASICS of using it properly.
              I hope to read more on this from other members of this forum.
              Shmulik

Comment

The Tasers we use last for about 5-7 seconds and then they have to be reactivated. If they are disconnected, they can still be used as a stun device even without the cartridge. I din't imagine that there are too many people that after being subjected to a Taser are going to run after you.

Comment

Originally posted by shmulik
                  I learned a few things from this one. esp. what to do AFTER the BG is on the ground. BTW - In their DVD - Taser recommends to citizens (Like me) to run away and leave the Taser on the ground.- after bg falls. I can't see why... Why not release the cartridge and THEN run away - which leaves you with a stun gun in your hand? Of course i asked them - and of course i received no reply...
                  Anyone has an idea?
                  shmulik

[email protected]
                  The X26c runs for 30 seconds in 10 second incraments; this gives you a 30 second head start. If you take the cartridge out it stops working.
                  Kelly

We are the thin blue line
                  between you
                  and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Comment

Exactly. As soon as you disconnect the cartridge it' shuts down. If you get a 30 second head start, chances are he'll be in no mood to get up and run after you. It's only a TASER, not worth hanging around for. Maybe if you were in a real isolated area you might not have anywhere to run, but the advice to pull the trigger 3 times and beat feet is pretty sound.
                    Jerry
                    "If all else fails, stop using all else!"

Comment

conclusion:

Thanks again guys,
                      Just to conclude matters:The recommended use of the X26c Taser for a citizen is to shoot at the BG - in case it works - and he falls - give 2 more pressures on the trigger (3 all in all) , put the taser on the ground and run away - it keeps tazing him for 30 seconds which is quite long enough time to run away and call you guys from the police...

Of course all this is recommended in the DVD - but now i understand why.
                      I'd be more than happy if someone who has or had the M18L can tell me whether this method works also for the M18L and not only for the X26c. You see, I have the M18L , and the DVD that is attached concerns the X26c...
                      Until i get my X26c - i sure would like to know if the method here is also compatible with the M18L.
                      Thanks again,
                      Shmulik

Comment

Originally posted by jerrymaccauley
                        Exactly. As soon as you disconnect the cartridge it' shuts down. If you get a 30 second head start, chances are he'll be in no mood to get up and run after you. It's only a TASER, not worth hanging around for. Maybe if you were in a real isolated area you might not have anywhere to run, but the advice to pull the trigger 3 times and beat feet is pretty sound.
                        Also if you use the Taser and get a police report, Taser will give you a new one if yours is lost.
                        Kelly

We are the thin blue line
                        between you
                        and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Comment

Well, a few things.

First, I am not sure of all the possible factors. That's my disclaimer.

Ok, why would anyone in their right mind allow a suspect to chase them all over the yard? Ok, maybe use the car as a shield and play ring around the rosy (if you really must)
                          Or, deploy the taser the moment the perp shows aggression...the standard deployment policy.
                          Man, 30 minutes for backup. Good for him. I wonder who would start complaining since he had to hold him down for 30 min. with the taser AARP, NAACP, IRS, and the .....well fill it in.
                          Daver

PS, the wife would be enroute also.
                          (guess my GASF has lowered in the past few years)
                          We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
                          George Orwell (1903 - 1950)
                          ~Esse Quam Vidiri~

Comment

Please explain...

Dear Daver, (Or anyone...)
                            Can you please explain to someone who isn't an english native speaker and not fluent with the Jargon - What did you mean?
                            Thanks,
                            Shmulik

Comment

Ummmmm...?

Originally posted by shmulik
                              Dear Daver, (Or anyone...)
                              Can you please explain to someone who isn't an english native speaker and not fluent with the Jargon - What did you mean?
                              Thanks,
                              Shmulik
                              ~Esse Quam Vidiri~

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5349 users online. 307 members and 5042 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X