Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Explain why you need to be tased to carry a Taser?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe in having to be tased. Firsthand knowledge of how it affects you is a positive when it comes to deciding deployment or not. Again, I carrion for years, but I never deployed it, I’ve scared many people into compliance with it by removing the cartridge and providing a light show, so even the threat of using it on someone is effective.

If I was a assisting some who was arresting someone, I was right behind them with my taser out, ready to deploy if the person began to resist. My threats always maintained compliance in my experience.

I will carry one again every I get recertified. Right now, I carry no intermediates, so I’m hoping the OC and taser reserts will be coming soon.

Comment

I do not think you should be tased in order to carry a taser. In my experience, exposure is pretty much for the entertainment of those watching.

TASER makes you sign a waiver agreeing to VOLUNTARY exposure in order to get tased, as it is not a requirement from the company to get tased in order to carry it.

I do not see the legality of forcing to someone to sign a waiver, (defeats the purpose of a waiver) and making them to get tased. I know plenty of agencies that require exposure to carry it, AND they mandate you carry it, so I don't see the legality in that.

In order to carry a Taser, you must attend a day long class, take a written test, and demonstrate the ability to use it, such as inserting the cartridge, all the features, deployment, etc. You also watch videos about how safe the Taser is, **but just in case** you "volunteer" to get tased by your agency, you have signed that waiver clearing the company of any liability.
      John 15:13 - Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

Comment

I volunteered get shot during weapons training… No takers. Sissys.

Comment

Part of the reason some departments require it is so you can testify to the disabling nature of the taser…. So you can justify using deadly force to defend it.

Thats less important now, the taser is much more widely understood that it was when they first came out.
          "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

• Aidokea
            Aidokea commented
            Editing a comment
            Bingo.....

It's all fun and games with voluntary exposures at training until someone breaks out the 4-shot 40mm...
          If by chance an honest man like yourself should make enemies, then they would become my enemies.

Comment

Being retired, bored, and not having been on the forum for a LONG time, I found this, noticed that I had never contributed my saskatoon bannock flavoured opinion, so here goes.
            Sidearm: Never had to stand there, SuperTrooper-like with safety goggles and jock cup, to be shot at (Oct 1975 / Dec 2010).
            CS (CN ?) gas (whichever was least harmful): Oct 1975 / May 1976, in training, we went into the gas chamber with gas masks, the chamber was flooded, we removed the masks, and suffered, then fled outside. I THINK this STILL happens to ALL of our Cadets.
            Baton: We swung fluted-end-grip long oak riot sticks (Oct 1975 / May 1976) but not at each other, in training, and never saw them again. We had to take training with the solid black plastic (1986 ?) then the centrifugal-force-deployable expandable steel (1995 ?) batons, using foam padded training sticks, then hand-held speed bags, to practice our swings and strikes, so there were some love taps.
            Oleoresin capsicum spray: We had to be sprayed (1993) and usual a communal 45 gal drum filled with water to decon after. When my son went through basic training (Aug 2006 / Feb 2007) they got sprayed, then had to draw their baton to beat a padded bag, followed by grabbing their radio to call to advise their situation, and finally stand-down for decon.
            Conducted energy weapon: We had to take rides (2003 ?), but NOT drive-stun nor probe-fired. We had leads clipped to our uniform shirts on the top of our shoulders while we stood with spotters on each side, then we sat on the floor, with arms-linked, in a daisy-chain of about 12 of us while the far right person had one lead clipped to their right shoulder )or arm ?) and the far left person had the other lead clipped to their left shoulder or arm, and the trigger was pulled. I THINK my son rode it, but Cadets MIGHT be able to opt-out.
            I would HIGHLY recommend getting baton'ed, gassed, OC'ed, and CEW'ed, so you can articulate the pain, reasoning, and recovery. Canadian and NOT sorry.
            #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
            Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
            RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
            Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
            "Smile" - no!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3101 users online. 136 members and 2965 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X