Collapse

Leaderboard

Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Explain why you need to be tased to carry a Taser?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
    That and I think it makes you a better witness in court if you say YOU have been tased and survived with no ill effects.

Back when we started feeding inmates "food loaf" (one full meal that was blended together with some flour and baked in a "loaf" as a sanction for throwing food at staff) I was working Disciplinary Detention when the entire unit "revolted" about the meal ----

I stood out in front of the range of cells and opened a meal tray and broke one of loaves in half. I ate one half and my partner ate the other half...............inmates went nuts calling us crazy but the next day they ate the loaf.

Bad analogy ----but it is similar
    Originally posted by m.p.c View Post
    I'd take the taser ride over being OC sprayed any day. The OC killed me
    I'll take the ride over the "food loaf"!!!!
    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Originally posted by reils49 View Post
      I'll take the ride over the "food loaf"!!!!
      It was real appealing when the drink was grape koolaid...............

Comment

The real reason you need to be Tasered, is so the instructor(s) can watch you pee your pants.
        Train for tomorrow, for you never know what it will bring to the fight.
        In the school of Policing, there is no graduation day.

Arguing on the internet, is like wrestling with a pig in mud. After a while you realize that while you are getting dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.
        Do Not Disturb sign should read, Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution.
        Even if the voices aren't real, They have some really good ideas.

Comment

it doesnt hurt that bad.before we got tazed we practiced shooting them into a half inch piece of plywood with a shirt on it.After seeing the prong go that deep into a piece of wood ,you then realize how deep its going into your skin also.

But yea it helps alot more in court because on of the first thing a defense attorney will ask is if you have ever had it done to you.Not good if you say no.If you say yes its hard to say it will kill you .

Comment

My favorite was how in the academy they said it was optional to be tased. Ya cause we were dumb enough to say, "no thanks instructor, I'm good"

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
              That and I think it makes you a better witness in court if you say YOU have been tased and survived with no ill effects.

Back when we started feeding inmates "food loaf" (one full meal that was blended together with some flour and baked in a "loaf" as a sanction for throwing food at staff) I was working Disciplinary Detention when the entire unit "revolted" about the meal ----

I stood out in front of the range of cells and opened a meal tray and broke one of loaves in half. I ate one half and my partner ate the other half...............inmates went nuts calling us crazy but the next day they ate the loaf.

Bad analogy ----but it is similar
              Breakfast food loaf is pretty tasty, if made with biscuit or pancake dough.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post
                Breakfast food loaf is pretty tasty, if made with biscuit or pancake dough.
                Working night shift. Just got up. 2 in the afternoon. Time for breakfast, wooohooo! No thanks to a loaf though, plain pancakes sounds fine to me!

Comment

Breakfast food loaf sure beats the Hardtack I carried while hunting.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Brea...w=1366&bih=608
                  Train for tomorrow, for you never know what it will bring to the fight.
                  In the school of Policing, there is no graduation day.

Arguing on the internet, is like wrestling with a pig in mud. After a while you realize that while you are getting dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.
                  Do Not Disturb sign should read, Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution.
                  Even if the voices aren't real, They have some really good ideas.

Comment

As I work for one of the few agencies left in America that does NOT have Tasers... I laugh at this whole thread. Those who posted the "you weren't shot with a gun" analogy are spot on. I am sure some level of "peer pressure" occurs so people take the ride.

I don't think I NEED to experience this in order to understand the fact that 1) it hurts 2) it's temporary 3) you can't fight through a solid hit 4) you will be able to get back into the fight after it's over... slowly.

semper destravit

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8005 users online. 453 members and 7552 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X