300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baton switch!

What do you all think is preferable, the Monadnock (MON-1102)
    Model PR-24FX 24" Aluminum Reinforced Epoxy Expandable Baton or the Monandock non-expand. 24" Aluminium baton (Both with side handles)? What are the LAPD mandated to use now?

Originally posted by Det.AllenPrice View Post
    What do you all think is preferable, the Monadnock (MON-1102)
    Model PR-24FX 24" Aluminum Reinforced Epoxy Expandable Baton or the Monandock non-expand. 24" Aluminium baton (Both with side handles)? What are the LAPD mandated to use now?
    Alll I know is that my Monandock baton DOES NOT lock 3/4 times I expand it. Junk
    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

I have both. The expandable pr24 is neat, but it's not very good. It's much harder to lock out than a straight expandable. I either use the 26" autolock expandable, or my old school metal PR24.

Comment

In 8 years, i have never really had to use my expandable baton? Now that i read that, it does sound strange, but just haven't encountered a situation yet that would require the use?

Comment

Originally posted by reils49 View Post
          Alll I know is that my Monandock baton DOES NOT lock 3/4 times I expand it. Junk
          The Monadnock is the best expandable baton out there. What your experiencing is the bounce back when you flip it open with force. When this happens your forward swing to strike will lock it in mid stream. You'll hear it click as you swing.

I'll take that one minor flaw so that I know once it's locked it's staying locked until I dissengage it.

I had to carry the regular PR-24 for a while. Everyone was issued one and no one carried it because it was to big. Try running after someone with it and you'll hate it.

The engaging of an expandable baton has the same effect as the racking of a shotgun. It's the universal language that says something bad is about to happen
          Due to the Juvenile bickering and annoying trolling committed by members of this forum I have started an igore list. If your name is listed below I can't see you.

CityCopDC, Fire Moose, Carbonfiberfoot, Damiansolomon

Comment

The ASP beats the Monadnock hands down.
            MAC

Comment

I've been around awhile. I'll keep my PR-24 and let the rookies wonder what it is.

Comment

Get a standard PR-24 and find (good luck with this) a metal baton ring. Every time you draw your baton or hang it, it'll sound like a big *** sword.
                NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

My 21" expandable ASP worked great the other night on a guy that was resisting .

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3512 users online. 142 members and 3370 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X