Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Range contract for outside agencies?

Hello everyone,

I am a firearms instructor for a federal agency and I've been tasked with writing up a contract for other agencies to use our indoor range. I have an SOP written up, and it seems like the contract would pretty much be the same as the SOP but would have a place for an outside agency rep to sign off on it.

Does anyone have a sample range use contract that I could look at or otherwise have any other guidance or advice?

Are you a member of www.ntoa.org or www.ileeta.org? I may be able to be of help at those sites.
    The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

Not yet. I probably should be, but I've only been a trainer for about a year. It's one of those things that I keep meaning to do but just haven't gotten around to...

I should probably sign up for IALEFI and ILEETA; not sure about NTOA. I don't know if I'm tactical enough.

Comment

If your a Fed agency then your agency may already have an NTOA membership and then all you need is the login and password to create your own forums account and have access to the downloadable libraries of policies, procedures, lesson plans for just about any topic, etc...If they do not have an account, as and instructor, it is well worth your time to join. The NTOA is not reserved for just the super ninja types either.

As for any of those sites, there is quite a bit of vetting of its membership so that you have quite a bit more assurance of who you are dealing with and information flows much more freely and easily without doing as much work to verify who your are dealing with. They are all worth the time for membership.

As you probably already know, as an instructor myself or just by the nature of our job, we inherit a certain amount of potential vicarious liability. Therefore as a personal rule, if I am going to pass on critical technical information, I prefer to do it on a secure forum rather than an open source forum.

Other than those small rules, I am always willing to help and pass on any information that I may have or refer people to those who can help.

Stay safe my friend,
        Surf
        The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Comment

Originally posted by Surf View Post
          If your a Fed agency then your agency may already have an NTOA membership and then all you need is the login and password to create your own forums account and have access to the downloadable libraries of policies, procedures, lesson plans for just about any topic, etc...If they do not have an account, as and instructor, it is well worth your time to join. The NTOA is not reserved for just the super ninja types either.

As for any of those sites, there is quite a bit of vetting of its membership so that you have quite a bit more assurance of who you are dealing with and information flows much more freely and easily without doing as much work to verify who your are dealing with. They are all worth the time for membership.

As you probably already know, as an instructor myself or just by the nature of our job, we inherit a certain amount of potential vicarious liability. Therefore as a personal rule, if I am going to pass on critical technical information, I prefer to do it on a secure forum rather than an open source forum.

Other than those small rules, I am always willing to help and pass on any information that I may have or refer people to those who can help.

Stay safe my friend,
          Surf
          Understood. Are you on 10-8forums at all? I just submitted my creds there for vetting a couple days ago, but they said it could take up to a month. How long does the vetting process take at NTOA?

As far as my agency having an NTOA account, I have absolutely no idea who would even know that information. There are so many people and divisions in my chain of command, and I'm never sure when someone's going to bring my supervisor down on me for skipping levels... even for asking a simple question like that.

Comment

I am a member of a few other vetted type of LE or related forums but I am not a member of the 10-8 forums. Good information at the 10-8 site and a solid group of trainers. I am more than familiar with several of the members on the forums, who also post elsewhere including the NTOA forums.

As for the NTOA membership / vetting process, I am not quite sure how long it takes as my agency maintains a corporate membership.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Comment

Just as I figured, my agency won't cover my NTOA membership because I'm not on the tactical team. I'm still waiting to hear back from 10-8forums, IALEFI, and ILEETA.

Comment

Ranges are high-liability areas. The contract should be written or approved by your agency's legal advisor.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6722 users online. 382 members and 6340 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X