300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contract guards

I was wondering if there's any US Marshals in here or if anybody has any information about the Marshal's using contract guards and what you have to do to be involved in that? I have tried contacting my local field office but have had no luck with people getting back to me.
    Any info would be great.

The U.S. Marshall's Office is responsible for security at all Federal courthouses (as well as transporting federal prisoners and a host of other duties). They contract that particular duty out to Akal Security. You can find out more by logging onto their website at: www.akalsecurity.com

I attended a 3 day training seminar sponsored by the Marshall's Office in Birmingham a few years ago concerning security awareness, especially around courthouses and airports. The instructor's last name was Wimberly.

I checked into applying with them, but the pay isn't that great and they don't have any insurance benefits. There's also no guarantee of what courthouse you may be assigned to. It could be one closest to you, or it could just as well be across the state from you. They hire retired LEO's for these jobs and must be approved by the USM.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by MMeeusen View Post
      I was wondering if there's any US Marshals in here or if anybody has any information about the Marshal's using contract guards and what you have to do to be involved in that? I have tried contacting my local field office but have had no luck with people getting back to me.
      Any info would be great.
      This is a great gig for a Retired Officer, and I know several who have done, or are currently doing it. As noted, the pay isn't great, and there are no benefits,ie: Health/Hospitilization Ins. That said, the pay is a pretty good supplement to an Officer's retirement,and hopefully, he/she has Health/Hospitilization through his/her agency.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3316 users online. 167 members and 3149 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X