Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whiny informants rant

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Whiny informants rant

    RANT ON

    Some of the residents around my RD are making it very hard for me to set a good example for my trainee. If you buy a house next to a very popular public park, I really don't want you calling me because the park is loud on a beautiful Saturday afternoon in the middle of the summer. ARRRGGGGHHHHH

    Why does my desk even send me these calls, I think they want me to suffer a slow painful death from stupidity. I'm sorry but I was taught that everything we do in regards to enforcement should be reasonable. I really can't find it reasonable to complain about families having a good time in a public park. Silly me I thought that is why they built the dang place.


    RANT OFF


    Whew, I feel better. Thank you my brothers (and sisters).
    Today's Quote:

    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    Albert Einstein

  • #2
    I get the same pointless calls myself. If my dept only responded to "police" calls, we would have the time to cut the crime rate to 1%. I notice on the local blogs that the public loves to criticize everything we do. However most of the time we show up to a minor call, it's because one of the citizens that accuses us of "nit picking" made the complaint. My dept gets "loud talking" calls on a regular basis, and I work in a large city. I pull up, write the call off, then go 10-8. How stupid does it make the police look to knock on a door and say "excuse me sir/mam, but your talking too loud and need to keep it down or you will be cited". People say we live in a police state, but they are the ones calling this garbage in, and WANT us to enforce it.
    Work harder! Millions on welfare depend on you...

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by mdrdep View Post
      RANT ON

      Some of the residents around my RD are making it very hard for me to set a good example for my trainee. If you buy a house next to a very popular public park, I really don't want you calling me because the park is loud on a beautiful Saturday afternoon in the middle of the summer. ARRRGGGGHHHHH

      Why does my desk even send me these calls, I think they want me to suffer a slow painful death from stupidity. I'm sorry but I was taught that everything we do in regards to enforcement should be reasonable. I really can't find it reasonable to complain about families having a good time in a public park. Silly me I thought that is why they built the dang place.


      RANT OFF


      Whew, I feel better. Thank you my brothers (and sisters).
      I feel your pain.....

      I remember having to bite my tongue while explaining to a similar informant that if they wanted peace and quiet on a Fri/Sat night that they should not have bought a condo/house within 100 yards of the Sunset Strip.......
      The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

      "Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

      "We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

      Comment


      • #4
        I hate the "come be daddy" calls. These are any calls where parents call and want me to "make him mind" his mother or parents.

        I litterally got one where mom called because her 16yo daughter would not go to bed (no father around of course). Of course this 16yo had a child of her own.
        Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Chief Wiggum View Post
          I hate the "come be daddy" calls. These are any calls where parents call and want me to "make him mind" his mother or parents.

          I litterally got one where mom called because her 16yo daughter would not go to bed (no father around of course). Of course this 16yo had a child of her own.
          Oh we get many of these my friend! The first thing they tell you as you walk in the door is, "You take him! I can't handle him anymore!" Soooo, I have to remind parents that they can infact spank their children and no, it's not child abuse............wow. I got so sick of answering these calls last summer I told dispatch, "Dad's 10-23."

          Comment


          • #6
            Ladies and gentlemen of law enforcement, we are the fathers of our communities. They have enough mothers, just few fathers. So, since the actual father is nowhere to be found, who better to call but a father figure who has to respond to a call for help. And, to call us they only have to dial three numbers and two of those are the same.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by mdrdep View Post
              RANT ON

              Some of the residents around my RD are making it very hard for me to set a good example for my trainee. If you buy a house next to a very popular public park, I really don't want you calling me because the park is loud on a beautiful Saturday afternoon in the middle of the summer. ARRRGGGGHHHHH

              Why does my desk even send me these calls, I think they want me to suffer a slow painful death from stupidity. I'm sorry but I was taught that everything we do in regards to enforcement should be reasonable. I really can't find it reasonable to complain about families having a good time in a public park. Silly me I thought that is why they built the dang place.


              RANT OFF


              Whew, I feel better. Thank you my brothers (and sisters).
              Dude....you know where I work. We get these calls ALL DAY, and one or 2 are in your area....KHP and Ladera. Usually Ladera, and it's the same RP every time. Probably the same RP you are talking about right now. A "Mr. J."

              One day I was sitting almost in front of his house when the call came in. Fortunate for me....unfortunate for him. I asked dispatch for the RP's phone number and called him back from the cell. I asked if there was noise right now in the park. What he described was close to a riot starting. I told him I heard nothing, and it was as quiet as church on Monday morning. He started yelling at me, at which point I interrupted him and told him to look out his front window. He saw my car, and began, "Well, there WAS a lot of noise EARLIER when you weren't here....etc" He stopped calling us, and now calls you guys. Oh, and you're welcome

              Comment


              • #8
                I'm amazed you even get sent to the calls! Maybe it explains why we are close to universally hated by the public here but if it was clearly something that the police either had nothing to do with or had no powers to deal with then the callers would be told this, told they would not be getting a police officer and told to put up with it. We used to have a fantastic inspector that whenever she was duty insp used to have a copy of CAD running, write comments to that effect on logs and ring the public back and tear a strip of them for wasting our time by calling us.

                We do get the calls 'some kids are playing football in the park, can you come and move them on' - they will be told no, that is what a park is for, live with it - unless you would like us to come and perhaps tell them to play even closer to your house. I bet you could say every caller after that will be annoyed at the police, but they need to get a balance of priorities, yes of course we will move the children on - we'll just put the burglaries with distressed victims to one side for the minute and waste our time on just moving a problem so you cannot see it any more (thats all they care about, just get it out of their view/hearing).

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by BPD_126 View Post
                  Oh we get many of these my friend! The first thing they tell you as you walk in the door is, "You take him! I can't handle him anymore!" Soooo, I have to remind parents that they can infact spank their children and no, it's not child abuse............wow. I got so sick of answering these calls last summer I told dispatch, "Dad's 10-23."
                  We told this to a mom one time and the kid said "Oh crap!" and tried to make a break for it. We didn't touch him but we blocked the door so he couldn't run. My partner just kept saying "whoop his *** momma!" We laughed so damn hard later.
                  Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    We get alot of loud noise calls that are usually nothing. In an apartment complex, one of the managers of the property of all people called in that children were outside playing on the play ground. I made contact with this caller asked her isnt that where they are suppose to play? She looked at me with a blank stare and I walked out. (shrug) Never heard from her again. I mean it was in the middle of the day during the summer time.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
                      I feel your pain.....

                      I remember having to bite my tongue while explaining to a similar informant that if they wanted peace and quiet on a Fri/Sat night that they should not have bought a condo/house within 100 yards of the Sunset Strip.......
                      Having lived in LA, I can sympathize with that one. Bottom line. to the OP. You'll never be able to give the "public" what it wants, for the simple reason, the "public" doesn't know what it wants. We do the best we can. All the B.S. comes with the territory.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        [QUOTE=MrHappy;1347972]I'm amazed you even get sent to the calls! /QUOTE]


                        My agency (and mdrdeps') has a policy of sending a car to EVERY call if the informant requests it.......
                        The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

                        "Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

                        "We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I thought calls for service were why we got the "big bucks!" Seriously, some of the most pointless calls were (IMO) some of the most humorous. A few years ago I responded to a woman's home on a foggy morning. She wanted to know why the horn by the pier/breakwater was so noisy, as she didn't usually hear it from her residence. I told her that sound travels further when there's a heavy fog!!!

                          The other priceless calls are people complaining about the upstairs neighbors "walking too loudly" and earthquake inquiries ("Was that an earthquake I just felt?"). Priceless!
                          "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            IMachU, the very one and same. He had stopped calling us for a while. He called to complain about illegal parking along 62nd St. Well he likes to park his car along that apron leading to his driveway. So I cited every illegaly parked car along the street including his that was blocking the sidewalk.

                            But now he's back along with the gal that lives about halfway up Condon.
                            Today's Quote:

                            "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                            Albert Einstein

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Great....sorry to hear he's being a pain again. But he is leaving us alone for the most part. I shut him down good that last time! I told Yvonne's deputy Doris about it at the monthly CAC meeting, and she got a laugh out of it too.

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 5090 users online. 288 members and 4802 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X