300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uniform Pants

I'm looking for blue uniform pants that I can wear my duty belt through the loops. Specifically, I'm looking for Fechhimer by Flying Cross. Most of what I'm finding are the small loops that require an under belt and belt keepers.

If anyone could help with directing me to a site I can order these pants from I'd appreciate it. Especially if your department wears this same style pant. My department wears mostly belt keepers, I prefer no keepers. I had the loops extended when ordering, however the loop near my "gun" pocket is so close, the gun sits much farther foward than comfortable.

Thanks for your help!
    Cuffs
    Last edited by cuffs203; 07-24-2008, 05:07 PM. Reason: additional information

Originally posted by cuffs203 View Post
    I'm looking for blue uniform pants that I can wear my duty belt through the loops. Specifically, I'm looking for Fechhimer by Flying Cross. Most of what I'm finding are the small loops that require an under belt.

If anyone could help with directing me to a site I can order these pants from I'd appreciate it. Especially if your department wears this same style pant. My department wears mostly belt keepers, I prefer no keepers. I had the loops extended when ordering, however the loop near my "gun" pocket is so close, the gun sits much farther foward than comfortable.

Thanks for your help!
    Cuffs
    Check with your local LE uniform supplier. They should be able to help you.

Comment

Yeah, I tried that. They seem to be the problem. One has another brand, totally different color. The other doesn't want to carry the other brand, and won't order another. Just wants to make the loops larger, then I still have the problem with the lopp being where my gun sits.

Comment

Yeah, I tried that. They seem to be the problem. One has another brand, totally different color. The other doesn't want to carry the other brand, and won't order another. Just wants to make the loops larger, then I still have the problem with the lopp being where my gun sits.
        OK, I see the problem. I believe the North Carolina Highway Patrol issues the type trouser you're looking for, but I don't believe it will be the same color. Maybe one of our NCHP colleagues could give you some more information, as to who their supplier is.

Comment

You know what I think should be changed on uniform pants is the design in the rear. If you ever watch baseball, the ump by the catchers mound has three belt loops in the rear vs. one. The issue I ran into was mine always ripped or bunched up.

Comment

I'm looking for blue uniform pants that I can wear my duty belt through the loops.
            Sounds like a good idea, but one question: how would one get their Sam Brown through the belt loops with the equipment(holster, cases, etc) still attached?
            "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

I had the loops extended when ordering, however the loop near my "gun" pocket is so close, the gun sits much farther foward than comfortable.
              I doubt you'll find what you want "off the rack". Holster placement is highly individual. You need a tailor to alter the pants to fit you.

Comment

Originally posted by exComptonCop View Post
                Sounds like a good idea, but one question: how would one get their Sam Brown through the belt loops with the equipment(holster, cases, etc) still attached?
                same thing i was thinking

Comment

If you go to the attached site:

http://www.fechheimer.com/cms1.asp?CatID=1

Click on locate dealer, you may find someone near you that handles what you want. Otherwise, shop on the site and take the trousers to a tailor for a good fitting.
                  Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

You could design the pants so that the belt loops were sewn at the bottom, hooked over the top, and were secured with a snap inside the pants, I suppose. Motorcycle jackets have a similar system, but the snaps are on the outside.

Also, if you get a duty belt that is only 2" rather 2.25" (I think some of the federal agencies use these), it will fit through the trouser loops. But that would be very cumbersome, as already has been pointed out.
                    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by exComptonCop View Post
                      Okay, I lost sleep last night over this one. Other than inching the Sam Brown through the loops empty then attaching the elements one by one, I can't figure out an efficient way of accomplishing this.

Can anyone help this simpleton out?
                      "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

Cuffs203
                        At my agency we wear our belts through our belt loops. Our trousers are Flying Cross, However you could check with "Blauer" uniform co. They offer style 8810 cargo in navy blue that will fit a 2 1/4 " duty belt. I have those, for firearms and other non class A uniform events. I believe they also offer non cargo trousers with the wide waist band, and belt loops.
                        As for the problem with the belt loop near the holster, I skip it, as do most SC Troopers. You really dont need to use it.
                        If this doesnt help, try to contact other Troopers, I bellieve NCHP, MOHP, KHP, and NJSP all use these type of uniform trousers.
                        To those wondering how this system works, if you are familiar with the leather belt; The spray, holster, and handcuffs are placed on the side with the hooks, and are never removed from the belt. You place the hooks through the front loop, then run the open side through the rear loops, place the baton, and extra mag pouch between the loops on the weak side, and there you have it. Oh, if you wear a radio holder you would place it on the weak side as well.
                        I was a city police officer before the HP, where I wore two belts, (inner belt w/keepers). I love the one belt system, its much more comfortable, and has relieved alot of my back pain.

Comment

I have pants now that I can actually place the gun holster in between two loops. I place the gun toward the front over the right pocket and mase behind the gun. I place a belt keeper in between the gun and mace so they don't get too close as that causes a problem when drawing from the level three holster. Taser fits between two loops on the gun side front, then cell phone holster closer to the buckle. Mag puch goes in between two loops on the front weak side. Then radio behind that between two other loops. Handcuffs on each side of the back....away from the spine.

After doing this for a while, it's a cinch getting them on and off. I use to wear keepers with an under belt, but back pain is gone now with one belt!

Thanks for the help Schammer but i'm trying to figure out how your system works because with mine, I use all the loops.

Comment

I never took notice, have always used the two belt system. Much easier dressing and tucking in when the only weight onthe slacks is the single uniform belt. Looks like it would be darn near impossible to hold it all up while tucking in the shirt before fastening and zipping up if the bat belt is hanging on too. I'll wear the same slacks a few days.

Are y'all using the standard Sam Brown with the buckle that has to be removed before stuff like holsters, etc can be put on? Are y'all breaking the equipment down every day?

I understand that SC / NC / etc... put the holster on the hook side, which for us right handed folks means the belt's tongue is backwards from normal.

I can see where the thinner profile would ease back pain, I had to remove that glove pouch for that reason and still ... there are days ....
                            Last edited by t150vsuptpr; 07-27-2008, 12:11 PM.
                            "That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

Yeah I'm still trying to understand the hook side as well. Yes, I break down the belt each time I take it off. But thinking about it. The time it takes to attach the first belt and then add keepers to the Large belt....thats as long as it takes me to place each item on the belt. (Mag vertical, clip on radio, handcuff (2), mace, gun/holster, taser) Add the buckle and fasten her up.

As far as tucking the shirt. Getting dressed is under shirt, socks, vest, shirt (w/stays), pants, boots, then belt (and items). I have the 2 and whatever inch belt (Sam Browne).

I'm gonna look at the troopers next time I see one and see if they skip a loop or if they have the pants that let items feet in between loops. I've gotten my pants back from the seamstress with the belt loops placed appropriately. Goodbye back pain when you're wearing them through the loops.

If I can get a picture, I'll post it so I can better describe the loops.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6063 users online. 320 members and 5743 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X