300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuffed owls and snooker cues

Is this the best crime article ever? Well, let's get out the checklist and see.

Threw a stuffed owl out the window to avoid police? Check.

The words "Snooker cue"? Check.

"Jailed for Burgling Wrong House" listed as reason for being jailed? Check.

Burglar asked "Where's the upstairs?" in a single story house? Check.

Officially the best crime story ever.

http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/news...l/article.html

Man jailed for burgling wrong house
    15:18 - 23-July-2008
    4 readers have commented on this story.
    Click here to read their views.
    AN ADDICT who once threw a stolen owl out of a car window in a bid to evade a police pursuit accidentally burst into the home of a Plymouth couple and demanded money in the mistaken belief the property was used for drug dealing, a court heard.
    Jesse James Lennox, aged 21, and another man brandished a knife and a snooker cue at the terrified husband and wife.
    Lennox, who admitted aggravated burglary, was today, Wednesday, jailed for six years at Plymouth Crown Court.
    Judge Francis Gilbert said: “It seems you came to this house by mistake hoping to steal drugs or money from drug dealing. I shall assume you had the wrong address.
    “This was a terrifying experience for the occupants. You were armed with a knife and a pool cue. It left them extremely worried and frightened, quite understandably, of remaining in their own home.”
    %3Cbody%3E%3Cdiv%20id%3D%22adDiv%22%3E%3CA%20HREF% 3D%22http%3A//ads.anm.co.uk/ADCLICK/CID%3Dfffffffcfffffffcfffffffc/AAMSZ%3D452x118/SITE%3DTHISISPLYM/AREA%3DNEWS/SUBAREA%3DHOMEPAGE/ARTICLE%3D233054/acc_random%3D7395368470/pageid%3D/RS%3D%22%20target%3D%22_new%22%3E%3CIMG%20SRC%3D%2 2http%3A//iad.anm.co.uk/anmdefaultad.gif%22%20ALT%3D%22%22%20border%3D0%20 style%3D%22margin-bottom%3A%200px%3B%22%3E%3C/A%3E%3C/div%3ELennox was also re-sentenced for an offence of aggravated vehicle taking because he was in breach of a community order for driving someone else's car.
    He threw a stolen barn owl out of the window during a police chase. Judge Gilbert yesterday jailed him for 18 months for that offence, to run alongside the longer prison term.
    Victoria Hoyle, prosecuting, said that Mr and Mrs Innes were watching television at their home in Keyes Close, Devonport, at 10.30pm on February 5 when there was a knock at the door.
    She said: “Mr Innes went to open the front door and before he realised what was happening two men entered the property. One was masked and carrying a carving knife and he held it up in a threatening manner towards Mr Innes.”
    The court heard that the knife was 12 to 18 inches long. The other man carried a snooker cue.
    Miss Hoyle said that the knifeman marched Mr Innes into the kitchen shouting: 'Where is the money? Show me the money'.
    The knifeman checked behind the fittings of the kitchen as if he were looking for something, the court heard.
    Miss Hoyle said that the man asked: 'Where's the upstairs?', but the property was a bungalow.
    The men both ran out of the house, taking two mobile phones and a PSP games station.
    But Miss Hoyle said that Lennox was found by DNA in traces of blood left by the front door.
    The court heard that Lennox had a long history of offences for dishonesty dating back to 2001. He has also been convicted of arson reckless as to whether life was endangered.
    Ali Rafati, for Lennox, said he was the man holding the cue and not the knife. But the judge said it made little difference because the burglary was a joint enterprise.
    Mr Rafati said: “He was using £350 worth of drugs a day having moved on to crack cocaine.”
    The court heard that Lennox had been in debt and had been told by 'Northern drug dealers' to recover drugs or drugs money from an address.
    Mr Rafati said that the drug bosses wanted money which they said had not been passed on to them from dealing.
    But the court heard that Lennox was determined to turn his life around after completing his prison sentence.
    I miss you, Dave.
    http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

that would be a home invasion armed robbery here
    Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

Originally posted by Narco944 View Post
      that would be a home invasion armed robbery here
      And Stuffed Animal Abuse as well.

Comment

I've never heard a pool cue called a Snooker Cue.

Comment

Did he have a permit to possess the owl?

sigpic

Comment

Did he have a permit to possess the owl?
            It sounds silly to most but it would be a misdemeanor in Ca. (F&G Code, 3801.6) Cops may laugh but prosecutors and parole agents often say "Thank You" for the tool to put someone back inside. Public defenders hate it when they find out that the hawk talon roach clip hanging from the rear-view mirror is valid PC for a stop and their strategy is blown.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor1430 View Post
              I've never heard a pool cue called a Snooker Cue.
              From the verbage, I'd say this is a British report. But snooker is also player here in the states.

Comment

Originally posted by 417Lt View Post
                It sounds silly to most but it would be a misdemeanor in Ca. (F&G Code, 3801.6) Cops may laugh but prosecutors and parole agents often say "Thank You" for the tool to put someone back inside. Public defenders hate it when they find out that the hawk talon roach clip hanging from the rear-view mirror is valid PC for a stop and their strategy is blown.
                I only mention it because I'm a former trout trooper...

You can bet I'd be all over any fish and game violations... they're second nature to me...
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Guams View Post
                  I only mention it because I'm a former trout trooper...

You can bet I'd be all over any fish and game violations... they're second nature to me...
                  And the look on the person's face is priceless when you ask for the Conservation Agent to respond to your location and the agent starts writing tickets for stuff.

Sometimes if you can't beat them at your game, get someone else involved
                  Officer Down Memorial Page

Comment

Oops. Unavoidable thread-jack.
                    Having a little knowledge about other codes can be a handy thing. Most wardens or CO's are glad to put together a cheat sheet and do a little roll-call training session. After I did that for the Newhall CHP office an officer working a movie set seized 104 trout. The poachers walked right past him like they had been doing; but this time he was ready for them.
                    I would have liked to seen their faces.

Comment

Originally posted by CruiserClass View Post
                      Is this the best crime article ever? Well, let's get out the checklist and see.

Threw a stuffed owl out the window to avoid police? Check.

The words "Snooker cue"? Check.

"Jailed for Burgling Wrong House" listed as reason for being jailed? Check.

Burglar asked "Where's the upstairs?" in a single story house? Check.

Officially the best crime story ever.
                      You left out that it includes a criminal named "Jesse James".

BTW, wtf is up with stealing a barn owl? Nevermind, I don't think I want to know.
                      “We don't disagree, you are wrong. Until you have a clue what you are talking about we can't disagree.” - cgh6366

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5272 users online. 298 members and 4974 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X