Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LOCK AND LOAD! U.S. Supreme Court strikes down D.C. gun ban.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOCK AND LOAD! U.S. Supreme Court strikes down D.C. gun ban.

Link goes to main page article.

http://www.officer.com/web/online/To...un-Ban/1$42024

All I can say is, about time.

I know there are a several DC coppers on this forum. Would any of you care to indulge us with your opinions on the now defunct gun ban? And while we're at it lets take a poll....

1. This is bad. (Nooooo! Guns are dangerous! We need to wrap everything in pack foam!)
    2. This is good. (Take that you stupid hippies!)
    3. Don't care either way.
    This bad! Gun are dangerous! They'll put their eye out!
    3.06%
    This is good! Take that you stupid hippies!
    92.86%
    I don't care.
    4.08%

Oh No! Does this mean that DC is going to start experiencing gun violence?

Comment

A 5-4 decision...that's close. Go get 'em goodguys.
      The views/opinions expressed here are solely mine. I'm retired and I don't care. I truly do not want to offend anyone, but if you are thin skinned and have no sense of humor, you better find another line of work. Therefore, I don't have to be politically correct and I will exercise my freedom of speech, until it's taken away. May God bless all retirees. We've done our duty and earned our peace.

Comment

It should have been 9-0 decision....
        Retired LASD

Comment

Indulge you? I love it. Maybe jokers now will think twice before breaking into someones home...

Comment

Why get rid of it? Especially since the gun ban was so damn effective in DC.
            The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

Like I said in another post....

I'm so happy, I almost don't care if Obama wins.

Almost.

Rev

Comment

This poll can't be true! CNN says there's a split (like in 50/50) among public reaction, even though their own poll indicates more than 3/4s of the public believed all along that gun ownership was an individual right. Thanks CNN! You can place your elitism where the sun don't shine.

Another nice thing about this whole issue, is that it plays into the upcoming presidential race. The democrats didn't want a gun issue, because owners are generally fierce about voting and they pay big bucks to organizations like the NRA, Gun Owners of America and the Second Amendment Foundation. Anti-2nd Amendment people just whine, snivel and hide, as evidenced by the relatively minor financial authority the "Brady Campaign" has. Lets hope the debate continues through November!!!
                "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Hippies.....who needs 'em!!!

Comment

Now the down side...

I fear a handgun shortage due to a rapidly rising demand.

The Ruger LCP is already hard enough to find!
                    ROLL TIDE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ABC144 View Post
                      I fear a handgun shortage due to a rapidly rising demand.
                      I'm going to buy a new gun to celebrate. Wheeeeeeee!

Comment

Originally posted by Rev1 View Post
                        Like I said in another post....

I'm so happy, I almost don't care if Obama wins.

Almost.

Rev
                        If Osama-bama wins, issues like this will not surface. Him and his potential liberal judge appointments will attempt to ban ALL handguns.
                        The views/opinions expressed here are solely mine. I'm retired and I don't care. I truly do not want to offend anyone, but if you are thin skinned and have no sense of humor, you better find another line of work. Therefore, I don't have to be politically correct and I will exercise my freedom of speech, until it's taken away. May God bless all retirees. We've done our duty and earned our peace.

Comment

Originally posted by 511R View Post
                          I'm going to buy a new gun to celebrate. Wheeeeeeee!
                          Same here. I need one of those new Ruger .380 ACP's, but I cant find one either!

I am happy for the citizens of this county and especially so for the D.C. citizens. Now they need to vote that knucklehead mayor out of office that was always on TV defending the ban.
                          Last edited by j706; 06-28-2008, 12:58 AM.
                          "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Kennedy, Scalia, Ginsberg and Stephens all need to retire....either that or a good enema!

Comment

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5357 users online. 292 members and 5065 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X