300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active shooter policy and procedures

I am interested in getting active shooter policies and procedures that may be out there. If you can help me out please leave a reply or send a PM and I can provide an email address to send them too.

While policies & procedures are somewhat universal I don't think you'll get legitimate officers to discuss them --- issues of security & all that......

Comment

affirmative

Comment

Well i dont have a problem if the public sees my policy on it. Ours in a nut shell states do what you have to do to eliminate the threat. weather one officer goes or 4 do what you need to do to save lives.

Comment

Whats the problem with sharing with other Departments? We are all verified in here anyway arent we? And I dont quite understand what a "legitimate officer" is? You seem to indicate that some of us arent.

Comment

Thats exactly what he is indicating. O.com has a few wannabe's that claim to be officers and such.

Comment

A few?????

We don't have a policy. We have training on certain tactics that are implemented as needed, no different from other situations we encounter.
              Last edited by Resq14; 06-24-2008, 09:17 AM.
              All Gave Some - Some Gave All

Comment

Originally posted by coach john View Post
                Whats the problem with sharing with other Departments? We are all verified in here anyway arent we? And I dont quite understand what a "legitimate officer" is? You seem to indicate that some of us arent.
                Coach, there is no problem with sharing with other departments. Unfortunately, there is no real vetting of members here and sharing of sensitive information is not the best idea under such circumstances. There is no guarantee that anyone here is actually who they say they are and that is even the case on a secure board but here it is more of an issue. There have been a couple of very recent incidents where members here were banned because they were not who they claimed to be.

I might suggest ntoa.org as a place to source out sensitive information. There is quite a bit of information on this very topic and many other great LE related topics. If you are interested and do join the ntoa forums, you can PM me and I can contact you over there and try to help point you in the right direction.
                The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by Resq14 View Post
                  A few?????

We don't have a policy. We have training on certain tactics that are implemented as needed, no different from other situations we encounter.
                  I will say that many departments who have policies in place, more so have policies set in regards to logistics, such as notifications of ems, outlying agencies, etc as opposed to tactics etc...

This is not always the case however.
                  The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

your depts policies should be open to the public anyway
                    Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

Originally posted by Narco944 View Post
                      your depts policies should be open to the public anyway
                      Only to a point --- if there's policies that protect the officers & the public (i.e. hostage negotiation tactics/policies) there simply is no reason for the public to be aware of them. These are things where one's actions may not allow a second chance so they need to be guarded for EVERYONE'S safety

Comment

Ours is similiar to most I would think...go stop the threat.

Comment

Shot you an email.
                          "Do not be deceived:Bad company corrupts good morals."
                          1 Corinthians 15:

You are the weapon, everything else is just a tool

Comment

My organization does not have a standing Active Shooter policy.

We are taught that if someone in our immediate area is about to get shot, we should be the ones doing the shooting.

We'll work out the details as needed.

M-11

PS. No one here is really verified, and anyone can read.

As I've said in the past, verification would lead to us talking tactics that don't need to be seen here. And, it would reveal that I am a 14 year old Girl.
                            “All men dream...... But not equally..
                            Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
                            but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
                            for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

1 shot 1 kill !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4988 users online. 298 members and 4690 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X