300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body art

A sheriffs department in the southern part of my state is trying to implament a policy that requires officers with tattoos to be covered up while on duty. This applies to uniform and non uniform personnel. This policy will be enforced on all employees both current and new hires. The deputy union is of course fighting this. What do you all think?

We already have that policy......retroactive for current employees as well
    The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

I am for it and I have ink as well, so I am aware of the professional image that we must maintain while on duty. There is nothing more tacky then seeing an officer with a name tattooed on his neck or all sleeved up.
      Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Comment

No, covered up??? That is crazy. I have one on my wrist, that means I would have to wear long sleeves all year? The tats on the neck should be banned. You have one, you need to find a new job.

Comment

our agency has the same rule If you can see it it must be covered up.
          The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Woffski View Post
            No, covered up??? That is crazy. I have one on my wrist, that means I would have to wear long sleeves all year? The tats on the neck should be banned. You have one, you need to find a new job.
            You would be wearing long sleeves all year here......even in 100+ degree heat on dayshift.....
            The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

I don't see any huge problem with that rule. My department allows visible tattoos as long as they aren't vulgar or profane so of course we have a few guys with full sleeve tats. REAL professional.
              "The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, can not and will not ever harm the sheep." -Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
                We already have that policy......retroactive for current employees as well
                same goes for mine. people were not happy when that came out.

Comment

Mine is in the process of changing the SOP to cover tats. I work with a guy who was doing some OT for another section, and the Commander told him if he wanted to work OT there, he would have to wear long sleeves.

Comment

Tats should be covered.
                    Politically Correct? No.

Truthful? Yes!

Comment

Your union can fight it but it is going to loose. This is becoming common practice in LE.

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
                        You would be wearing long sleeves all year here......even in 100+ degree heat on dayshift.....
                        Yeah, go figure, in LA. Not surprised.

Comment

We have the same policy, but I believe that when it was implemented those already on with tats visible weren't required to cover them, but the policy would apply to any new tattoos or new hires with them.

Comment

THere are so many guys at work who have ink all up and down their arms. Maybe I wasn't paying attention at the academy but I don't recall any rules about covering it up.
                            I think tatts are sexy but it looks a little cheesy for an officer to be all tatted up.

Comment

They should be covered

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5551 users online. 320 members and 5231 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X