300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The craziest night ever!!!

I have just had the craziest night ever!!! I'm so tired that i can't even type, but at the same time I just needed to put it down what happened!!!

There were some amazing citizens that helped us out tonight too and I am putting one of them in for the civilian life saving award!!! I could not believe this!!! when I have some sleep i'll fill in all the details!!!

As always brothers and sister, stay safe out there and always expect the unexpected!!
    "When I close my eyes.....I'll see you on the other side....!!!"

Hate to put it this way skippy, buy every night I suit up and climb in the cruiser I'm at war. I'm always outnumbered, potentially out gunned and always behind enemy lines.

Originally posted by Omega17632 View Post
    I have just had the craziest night ever!!! I'm so tired that i can't even type, but at the same time I just needed to put it down what happened!!!

There were some amazing citizens that helped us out tonight too and I am putting one of them in for the civilian life saving award!!! I could not believe this!!! when I have some sleep i'll fill in all the details!!!

As always brothers and sister, stay safe out there and always expect the unexpected!!
    Subscribing to see what happened.....
    The views, comments, and opinions posted above represent soley the views, comments, and opinions of myself alone, and to my knowledge do not represent the views, comments, and opinions of anyone else or my employer.

Comment

If the civilian placed his own life at considerable risk in order to save the life of another, he may be eligible for the Carnegie Hero Fund Medal. This is a very prestigious award that comes with significant local and national media coverage.

You can nominate the person on line, but it is better to do it in writing, on your department letterhead. If they pass the initial screening process, the Carnegie Hero Fund will ask for more detailed information. You will then have to provide in depth documentation (similar to what you would provide for a major crime investigation) but in the end, it is well worth the effort. Over the years my former agency has secured the medal (which comes with a cash award as well) for two recipients.

For further info check out: http://www.carnegiehero.org/
      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

you've had enough sleep...you gonna fill us in or what?
        Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

Wake up!!!

Comment

Guess he is gonna leave us hangin!....This is as bad as when someone you know starts to say something and says....nevermind!
            sigpic Bet they got a ticket for obstructing the rear window. God Bless America!

Comment

Still waiting.........................................
              ~ When I close my eyes, I`ll see you on the other side ~

Comment

So there I was...Oh nevermind!!! Just kidding!

Well tonight one of our dispatchers was riding with me, so we were just shootin the **** when I responded to a call of a pedestrian on the highway...no big deal happens ten times a night!

I arrive on scene and we are on an overpass about 50-60 feet over a very busy road...that's right, you guessed it, she's a jumper!!!

Well, there I was getting out of my car when she starts screaming that's she's gonna do it! Well, her attention is focused on me and I see a man coming up behind her. Now keep in mind this is on an extremely busy highway at 2130 and cars are traveling at 65+ mph and the emergency lane is barely 6 feet wide! She is screaming she's going to jump when she suddenly climbs over the railing! I am trying to keep her calm as much as I can when I took one more step closer and she frickin did it!!! She pushed off of the wall, and the second she did, the good samaritan grabbed her foot! I went at a dead sprint at her and she was fighting us to go over. We ended up getting her back over the railing, got her on the ground and cuffed her! I've already got backup enroute and the fire department, when suddenly this good samaritan is just gone!!!

So after we get the situation under control and more backup on scene, we find the good samaritan who was a clerk at local corner store and recognized her. He saw her climb onto the freeway and he called 911. Had he not have been there, she would have gone over the edge and surely been killed.

I spent the next 4 hours having this woman committed, and all the while she kept thanking me for stopping her but kept saying that it's just prolonging her death, and that she will kill herself. So I get her committed and off I go to the next call which was a very serious roll over collision.

So at the next call which I can't discuss cuz it's still an investigation, a poor 24 year old kid is going to end up a vegatable all because he was hit by a drunk. I spent 6 hours with this kid involved in the collision at the hospital trying to get ahold of family and stayed by his bedside hoping he doesn't die and hoping he's not going to be a vegetable.

So here I went from preventing a 50 year woman from killing herself, to seeing a poor kid that has no chance at living til he's 50.

What a strange and completely opposite night!

Anyways, thanks for listening. Seeing this 24 year old kid in this condition kinda got to me, I haven't figured out why yet but I've called a couple of times to check up on him, still no update and still no better! But I'm putting that good samaritan up for my departments life saving award cuz he did not have to climb up on the busy freeway and risk his life like he did! There are still good people left!

Hate to put it this way skippy, buy every night I suit up and climb in the cruiser I'm at war. I'm always outnumbered, potentially out gunned and always behind enemy lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Omega17632 View Post
                  So there I was...Oh nevermind!!! Just kidding!

Well tonight one of our dispatchers was riding with me, so we were just shootin the **** when I responded to a call of a pedestrian on the highway...no big deal happens ten times a night!

I arrive on scene and we are on an overpass about 50-60 feet over a very busy road...that's right, you guessed it, she's a jumper!!!

Well, there I was getting out of my car when she starts screaming that's she's gonna do it! Well, her attention is focused on me and I see a man coming up behind her. Now keep in mind this is on an extremely busy highway at 2130 and cars are traveling at 65+ mph and the emergency lane is barely 6 feet wide! She is screaming she's going to jump when she suddenly climbs over the railing! I am trying to keep her calm as much as I can when I took one more step closer and she frickin did it!!! She pushed off of the wall, and the second she did, the good samaritan grabbed her foot! I went at a dead sprint at her and she was fighting us to go over. We ended up getting her back over the railing, got her on the ground and cuffed her! I've already got backup enroute and the fire department, when suddenly this good samaritan is just gone!!!

So after we get the situation under control and more backup on scene, we find the good samaritan who was a clerk at local corner store and recognized her. He saw her climb onto the freeway and he called 911. Had he not have been there, she would have gone over the edge and surely been killed.

I spent the next 4 hours having this woman committed, and all the while she kept thanking me for stopping her but kept saying that it's just prolonging her death, and that she will kill herself. So I get her committed and off I go to the next call which was a very serious roll over collision.

So at the next call which I can't discuss cuz it's still an investigation, a poor 24 year old kid is going to end up a vegatable all because he was hit by a drunk. I spent 6 hours with this kid involved in the collision at the hospital trying to get ahold of family and stayed by his bedside hoping he doesn't die and hoping he's not going to be a vegetable.

So here I went from preventing a 50 year woman from killing herself, to seeing a poor kid that has no chance at living til he's 50.

What a strange and completely opposite night!

Anyways, thanks for listening. Seeing this 24 year old kid in this condition kinda got to me, I haven't figured out why yet but I've called a couple of times to check up on him, still no update and still no better! But I'm putting that good samaritan up for my departments life saving award cuz he did not have to climb up on the busy freeway and risk his life like he did! There are still good people left!
                  Well look who decides to show back up! That was some nap.

Comment

Goodmorning sunshine..
                    ~ When I close my eyes, I`ll see you on the other side ~

Comment

I was working ADOT in East when that rollover came out. I hope you weren't the guy that said "I'll be 19 after this stop"... Haha. It didn't sound too bad until they called command and had everyone start that way. The call history for the suicide wasn't very exciting, not much detail when I read it. Sounds like a crazy night.
                      sigpic

Comment

The suicidal woman played out like a movie, the dispatcher was in shock and couldn't believe it was happening! I couldn't believe that she actually was gonna do it and not just another cry for help!

I was still at county when that accident kicked out, so I didn't know what it was. We caught the guy that ran though. There were three citizens that jumped out of their cars and started chasing after the dude.

Comment

sounds like you guys have citizens that ACTUALLY like and help the police...what a novel idea. wish we had that here.
                          Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

Phoenix is a great place to live. I am very happy here (having moved 10 times in the last 10 years, I feel it's a statement I'm qualified to make). No more moving.

Glad the woman was saved, and prayers for the 'kid' in the wreck.

Comment

I would have gotten yelled at for taking so much time on those calls.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5092 users online. 384 members and 4708 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X