300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some opinions

What would you do or how would you handle the situation?

A civilian secretary, who takes excellent care of you and always ways watches out for all officers (she is like a mother to all.) Secretary gets arrested for misd shoplifting. You haven't heard anything around the office and not sure if the supervisors know or not. Secretary is 3 years from retirement.

My question to all is: do you confront the secretary and ask about it? or talk to one of the supervisors in private and let them know what you have found out?
    Happy Huntin!!!!!!!!

Exactly. Stay out of it.

Comment

If you are not her supervisor you have no reason to confront her. Is the arrest cause for termination of a non-sworn person at your dept.? How did you find out?

Comment

Sometimes these things take time to pop up..they need to run her fingerprints which should be on file w/ the FBI'ees. They might know and are dealing wih it on the down low...either way getting involved wil blow up in ur face..
        Originally posted by FJDave
        GM, you have just set the bar that much higher for the rest of us in our witty, sarcastic responses. I yield to you! Good job, kind Sir!

District B13
        "We are not cops nor Feds." yet he still poses as an officer Hmmmm

Grant us grace, fearlessly, to contend against evil and to make no peace with oppression.--WWII memorial

"I have loved justice and hated iniquity, therefore I die in exile."

Pope Gregory V II

Comment

Originally posted by GADNR130 View Post

A civilian secretary, who takes excellent care of you and always ways watches out for all officers (she is like a mother to all.) Secretary gets arrested for misd shoplifting. You haven't heard anything around the office and not sure if the supervisors know or not. Secretary is 3 years from retirement.

My question to all is: do you confront the secretary and ask about it? or talk to one of the supervisors in private and let them know what you have found out?
          Its none of my business. Alot of people need to learn that.

Comment

If she looked out for you, return the favour.
            ~ When I close my eyes, I`ll see you on the other side ~

Comment

Mind your own business.....

Comment

+1 .
                sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

+1! (Add: Maybe management already knows. Why tell them it's common knowledge and place them in a situation where they take more action than originally planned?)
                  "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Let her break the news, if they find out later and she didn't tell, might be her butt, why ask for chaos in your life?

Comment

You stay out of it, and go about your business.

Comment

There is no reason she should be shoplifting. That isn't a mistake offense. She would have had to knowingly taken something that did not belong to her. I'd make sure the supervisors knew about it. If they already did, great, my work is done. If they didn't, refer them to the involved agency and great, my work is done.

Comment

Originally posted by DeputyZee View Post
                          There is no reason she should be shoplifting. That isn't a mistake offense. She would have had to knowingly taken something that did not belong to her. I'd make sure the supervisors knew about it. If they already did, great, my work is done. If they didn't, refer them to the involved agency and great, my work is done.

And why??? What happened in her personal life is none of your business to begin with.

Guess you are one of those guys huh
                          Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

Our dept has hiring agreements where if you are arrested for a misdemeanor or felony, you have to report it to management. I believe this applies with the civilians also, even though they are in a different union.

Let her disclose it. How are you sure she hasn't already?
                            Forever Remembered:
                            Tpr. Kevin M. Marshall
                            E.O.W. 7-7-03
                            Michigan State Police
                            Newaygo Post
                            "Our Rock"

Comment

Originally posted by GADNR130 View Post

It sounds like you heard a rumor of a charge. Nothing about a conviction yet. At this point, the department may know and be awaiting the result of trial / hearing.

I'ld stay clear of it altogether if it were me at this stage.

If I later found out she was convicted (it would be a public record) and seeing as she may handle sensative investigative reports, etc ... only then might I mention it in passing to a supervisor.
                              t150vsuptpr
                              Hell on Wheels
                              Last edited by t150vsuptpr; 04-24-2008, 11:22 PM.
                              "That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4612 users online. 306 members and 4306 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X